We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"The Fanfare Cowl is a beginner cowl pattern worked flat and seamed on the short end. Created using a combination of fan / shell stitches this cowl is comprised entirely of double crochet stitches and can be made up in a couple of movies, or a few episodes of your favourite netflix series. Worked in Style Craft Dream Catcher yarn, this is a dk/3 weight yarn, 90% acrylic/10% wool, with a loosely wound construction. Any 3 or 4 weight yarn will work with this project."
NotesIf using Stylecraft Dreamcatcher this yarn does not frog well.
Any dk weight or aran/worsted weight yarn should work well with this pattern - adjust your hook as appropriate
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge5 repeats in 10 rows = 4ins
Finished Size12in x 20
Skill Level: Beginner
Terms: US Terms
Materials used: Stylecraft Dreamcatcher, 150g 435m/476yds colour Ocean / 3215
Other items: Scissors, darning needle, stitch marker
Gauge: 5 repeats x 10 rows = 4ins
Size: 20in x 24in before joining
Notes: This cowl is worked in one piece and joined with a seam.
Ch3 - counts as a dc
- Double Crochet - dc
- Chain - ch(s)
- Skip - sk
- Stitch - st(s)
- Fan - (2dc, ch1, 2dc) in the next st
- Open Shell - (dc, ch1, dc, ch1, dc) in the next space
Row 1: Fan (see special stitches) in the 5th ch from the hook - (ch4 counts as dc and ch1), [sk3, fan in the next st], repeat until 2 sts remain, ch1, sk1, dc in the last st. Turn
Row 2: Ch3 (counts as a dc throughout), [open shell (see special stitches)]* in the ch1 sp of the next fan, repeat across until the last ch1 sp, dc in the top of beg ch3. Turn
Row 3: Ch3, sk dc and ch1 sp, fan in the next dc, [(fan in the mid dc of the next open shell)], repeat until the last open shell, dc in the last dc. Turn
Row 4 - to end: Repeat rows 2 and 3 until work measures 24ins. Tie off
Join: Fold the work in half lengthways and using the mattress stitch, join the two short ends of the work. Tie off and secure your ends
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw is a crochet blanket that is essentially one large granny square, so you can work it as large… Continue reading: "Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throwvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Little Pebbles Earwarmer
- Crochet Bird Tutorial
- Stained Glass Tunisian Sweater
- Crabby Coaster
- Shell Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Show The Love Wall Hanging
- Crochet Happy Pills Pattern
- Cute Snowflakes Coaster Set
- The Crossroads Cowl
- Crochet Beach Bag
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters