We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Using a fun faux-fur yarn in a beautiful blue mink color you can work up the Columbus Ave Crochet Cowl. This is a fabulous crochet design that is one size fits all that beginners can work up too. It's an easy crochet cowl pattern that uses a larger size N hook with the half double crochet stitch allowing you to work it up quickly. If you're looking for a unique, yet small crochet project to work up then you'll love getting your hands on this crocheted cowl.
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
- 321-201 Pelt: Blue Mink 3balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size N-13 (9 mm)
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
10 hdc = about 4 in. (10 cm).
When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. The needle or hook size called for in the pattern is based on what the designer used, but it is not unusual for gauge to vary from person to person. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make your swatch, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Making a Gauge Swatch
Cowl is worked as a rectangle, then ends are sewn together to make the Cowl.
Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hook (2 skipped ch count as hdc) and in each ch across – 20 hdc.
Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), turn, hdc in next st and in each st across.
Repeat Row 2 until piece measures about 32 in. (81.5 cm).
Sew ends of piece together to make Cowl.
Weave in yarn ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Simple, sweet, different, and unique, this crochet washcloth has fantastic texture and looks decorative sitting by your sink. This… Continue reading: "Circle Point Crochet Washclothvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Zesty Coasters
- Easy Cross Front Top
- Twist Me Pretty Top
- Solid Shell Stitch Cowl
- Bumpy Face Scrubby
- My Brother’s Beanie Tutorial
- Loopy Love
- Dainty Rose Crochet Garland Pattern
- Parent and Child Crochet Belt Bags Pattern
- Keyring Pouch
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet