3 Crochet Temperature Blanket Charts
Download our free temperature blanket color charts and get started on this awesome project.
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
If you're looking to make your own crochet temperature blanket, it can be difficult to figure out where to start! There are so many options out there and picking your colors can be daunting. Luckily for you, we've created 3 different crochet temperature blanket charts for you to choose from.
Sometimes called a thermometer blanket, this type of blanket can be crocheted, knitted, or even quilted. The idea is to mark a time period with different colors.
When you choose your own color blanket, it can be drastic in terms of the time period (a week versus a year, for example). It could also be the temperature fluctuation during it (what variation in colors do you want to use for the number of degrees, for example), so there's a lot to think about.
Having several options will help you make a decision about what colors to incorporate into your blanket as well as how many colors you want to add. Looking to make a more complicated blanket, pick our 25 color option!
Want to start with something simple, pick the 5 color option. Look out below for our 3 free downloadable crochet temperature blanket color charts. Use these guides or choose your own color blanket with similar parameters.
For colors, we chose a standard color gradation but those can be viewed as place holders for whichever colors you want. Stick to what you see in the chart or print it out and mark your own, it's all up to you!
Be sure to scroll all the way down for some expert tricks for keeping track of your yarn colors and our favorite yarns for hooking temperature blankets.
PRO TIP: Not up for a big project? Make a temperature scarf or similar small project. Some crocheters have even made temperature granny squares or amigurumi!
Learn more with this page that's going to explain How to Make a Temperature Blanket. Once you've finished with this guide, you will be all set and ready to work one up!
>>> What is a Crochet Temperature Blanket? + How to Make One
How Many Colors Should My Temperature Blanket Have?
This is entirely up to you! It also depends on the climate you live in. Many places have pretty steady weather year-round while others fluctuate like crazy.
If you live in a temperate climate, a 5 color option might work for you. If you live somewhere with frigid winters and hot summers, the 25 option might be more up your alley!
Crochet Temperature Blanket Chart Downloads
Look out below for our 3 free charts. Each chart provides a temperature guide and assigned color. Feel free to follow along exactly or use these as a guide to choosing your own colors.
Click here to download all 3 Temperature Blanket Charts.
In this collection of 25 Funky Crochet Blanket Patterns, you'll find all kinds of cool and unexpected crochet blankets, throws, and afghans.
>>> 25 Funky Crochet Blanket Patterns
Crochet Temperature Blanket: 25 Colors
Crochet Temperature Blanket: 15 Colors
Crochet Temperature Blanket: 5 Colors
Keeping Track of Your Temperature Blanket Colors
We highly recommend you keep track of your colors once you settle on them. A great way to do this is to print out the chart above and write down the yarn brand, weight, and name on the paper.
You can also create a simple chart using small scraps of each yarn yo keep you organized.
Yarn Suggestions for Your Temperature Blanket
When picking your yarn for a crochet temperature blanket, we recommend picking a type of yarn that you can get in multiple colors. This will help you achieve a blanket that is consistent in shape, style, and texture.
While combining multiple yarns of the same weight (like worsted weight) is totally an option, we're particular to sticking to one brand or type.
- Vanna's Choice Yarn: This is a medium weight yarn that comes in a ton of color. Soft and easy to wash, it's the ideal yarn from Lion Brand to use for this project.
- Caron Simply Soft: Another medium weight yarn, this worsted weight yarn comes in plenty of colors to choose from.
- Bernat Super Value Yarn: This budget-friendly yarn is an economical, worsted weight yarn in a huge shade range
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn: This yarn comes in 149 different colors, making it super easy to find the shades you need for a temperature blanket.
Where to Find Temperature Data for Temperature Blanket
If you are making your blanket in real-time, then you can check your favorite weather service website and write down the high, low, or average (your choice!). You can also check one of these websites to find past temperatures:
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Daily Temperature and Precipitation Reports and Past Weather by Zip Code
- The National Weather Service: Climate Map and Local Climate Data and Plots
- The Weather Company/Wunderground: Historical Weather
- Melissa Lookups: Climate Data by ZIP Code (from 1971-2000)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Grab a couple skeins of cozy chenille yarn and get ready to kick back and relax with the stress-free Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby… Continue reading: "Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Jolly Beanie
- Blu The Bird Crochet Along
- Easy Chemo Cap
- Blushing Ruffle Granny Square Blanket
- Skipping Rocks Baby Blanket
- Thing 1 & 2 Hats
- Cat Toy For Teething Kittens
- C2c Rose Afghan Square
- How To Crochet Bloque Stitch
- Gladys Gloves
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters