3 Crochet Temperature Blanket Charts
Download our free temperature blanket color charts and get started on this awesome project.
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
If you're looking to make your own crochet temperature blanket, it can be difficult to figure out where to start! There are so many options out there and picking your colors can be daunting. Luckily for you, we've created 3 different crochet temperature blanket charts for you to choose from.
Sometimes called a thermometer blanket, this type of blanket can be crocheted, knitted, or even quilted. The idea is to mark a time period with different colors.
When you choose your own color blanket, it can be drastic in terms of the time period (a week versus a year, for example). It could also be the temperature fluctuation during it (what variation in colors do you want to use for the number of degrees, for example), so there's a lot to think about.
Having several options will help you make a decision about what colors to incorporate into your blanket as well as how many colors you want to add. Looking to make a more complicated blanket, pick our 25 color option!
Want to start with something simple, pick the 5 color option. Look out below for our 3 free downloadable crochet temperature blanket color charts.
For colors, we chose a standard color gradation but those can be viewed as place holders for whichever colors you want. Stick to what you see in the chart or print it out and mark your own, it's all up to you!
Be sure to scroll all the way down for some expert tricks for keeping track of your yarn colors and our favorite yarns for hooking temperature blankets.
Learn more with this page that's going to explain How to Make a Temperature Blanket. Once you've finished with this guide, you will be all set and ready to work one up!
>>> What is a Crochet Temperature Blanket? + How to Make One
How Many Colors Should My Temperature Blanket Have?
This is entirely up to you! It also depends on the climate you live in. Many places have pretty steady weather year-round while others fluctuate like crazy.
If you live in a temperate climate, a 5 color option might work for you. If you live somewhere with frigid winters and hot summers, the 25 option might be more up your alley!
Crochet Temperature Blanket Chart Downloads
Look out below for our 3 free charts. Each chart provides a temperature guide and assigned color. Feel free to follow along exactly or use these as a guide to choosing your own colors.
Click here to download all 3 Temperature Blanket Charts.
In this collection of 25 Funky Crochet Blanket Patterns, you'll find all kinds of cool and unexpected crochet blankets, throws, and afghans.
>>> 25 Funky Crochet Blanket Patterns
Crochet Temperature Blanket: 25 Colors
Crochet Temperature Blanket: 15 Colors
Crochet Temperature Blanket: 5 Colors
Keeping Track of Your Colors
We highly recommend you keep track of your colors once you settle on them. A great way to do this is to print out the chart above and write down the yarn brand, weight, and name on the paper.
You can also create a simple chart using small scraps of each yarn yo keep you organized.
Yarn Suggestions for Your Temperature Blanket
When picking your yarn for a crochet temperature blanket, we recommend picking a type of yarn that you can get in multiple colors. This will help you achieve a blanket that is consistent in shape, style, and texture.
While combining multiple yarns of the same weight (like worsted weight) is totally an option, we're particular to sticking to one brand or type.
- Vanna's Choice Yarn: This is a medium weight yarn that comes in a ton of color. Soft and easy to wash, it's the ideal yarn from Lion Brand to use for this project.
- Caron Simply Soft: Another medium weight yarn, this worsted weight yarn comes in plenty of colors to choose from.
- Bernat Super Value Yarn: This budget-friendly yarn is an economical, worsted weight yarn in a huge shade range
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn: This yarn comes in 149 different colors, making it super easy to find the shades you need for a temperature blanket.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
The Amazing Grace Crochet Shawl Pattern is a beautiful pink and white shawl dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness. If you know someone… Continue reading: "Amazing Grace Crochet Shawl Patternvideocam"
- Sapphire Star Granny Square
- Modern Double Crochet V-Stitch Chunky Blanket
- Winter Jewels Amethyst Flower Granny Square
- Valentine Hearts Afghan
- Daydream Summer Blanket
- 49 Quick and Easy Crochet Afghans
- Star Shell Afghan
- Dragonfly Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Floral Crochet Blanket
- Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Summer Love Tote Bag
- Lovely Corner-to-Corner Bee Baby Blanket
- Honey Peaks Throw
- Sand And Sea Crochet Baby Blanket
- Boho Hexagon Coasters
- Rebel Cat Amigurumi
- Patriotic Gnome
- Easy Blingy Crochet Headband
- Suzette Market Bag
- Berry Bliss Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet