We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Trim your tree this year with this beautiful Twinkle Tree Ornament. The sparkly yarn and sequins come together to create a magical ornament for the family tree. Since it's a great stashbuster project, it would be easy to make a handful of these to give as gifts to family and friends. Otherwise, decorate your own tree with these homemade ornaments that add a beautiful touch.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Simply Soft Party, in colors: Spring Sparkle(MC) & Fuchsia Sparkle (CC)
- Size US H (8) Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Sequin or Beads
- Hot Glue Gun or Needle & Thread
2" Tall (excluding loop)
sc2tog= single crochet two stitches together
Using MC, ch 24. Sl st in 1st ch to join rnd, taking care not to twist.
Rnd 1: Ch1, sc in next ch and all the way around. Join with a sl st. (23)
Rnd 2: Join CC. Repeat Rnd 1.
Rnd 3: With MC, ch1, sc2tog, *2sc, sc2tog; repeat from * to last st, sc. Join with a sl st. (18)
Rnd 4: With CC, repeat Rnd 1.
Rnd 5: With MC, ch1, *sc2tog, sc; repeat from * to end. Join with a sl st. (13)
Rnd 6: With CC, repeat Rnd 1.
Rnd 7: With MC, ch1, *sc2tog; repeat from * to end. Join with a sl st. (7)
Rnd 8: With CC, repeat Rnd 1.
Rnd 9: With MC, repeat, Rnd 7. (3) DO NOT TIE OFF.
Ch 8; tie off. Fold chain in half to form loop; use tapestry to push tail through to underside; knot in place.
Using MC and magic loop method, 6sc in center of loop. Pull tight to close loop. Join rnd with a sl st.
Rnd 1: Ch1, sc in base of ch, 2sc in every sc around. Join with a sl st. (12)
Rnd 2: Ch1, 2sc, *sc, 2sc; repeat from * around. Join with a sl st. (18)
Rnd 3: Ch1, 2sc, *sc [twice], 2sc; rep from to last st, sc. Join with a sl st. (24)
Tie off, leaving 6" tail.
Stuff remaining tail ends from tree body, inside of it. Stuff with additional yarn scraps until tree feels firm.
Sew tree base onto tree body, using tail & tapestry needle.
Embellish by hot glueing or sewing sequin to the tree. Hang & enjoy!
Find this pattern and others like it in 16 Holly Jolly Crochet Christmas Ornaments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
"Dress up your kitchen with this pretty flower dishcloth. The dishcloth features petals worked in gentle cotton for nonabrasive… Continue reading: "Flower Scrubby Dishclothvideocam"
- 75 Free Crochet Snowflake Patterns
- Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake
- Tiny Stocking Ornaments
- Mom's Christmas Wreath Ornaments
- Pipsqueak Penguin Ornament
- 35+ Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Granny Square Stocking Ornament
- North Star Christmas Ornament
- The Crocheter's Favorite Ornament
- Easy Crochet Angel Ornament
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Sapphire Star Granny Square
- Sapphire Star Granny Square
- Diamonds & Twists Cabled Beanie
- Diamonds Cowl & Infinity Scarf
- Argyle Cowl & Infinity Scarf
- Little Princess Sara's Dress
- Double Crochet Beanie
- Simple Spa Slippers
- Picnic Clutch
- Danielle Pillow
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet