Planning a Picnic? Crochet 12 Cute Picnic Ideas
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Have you been planning a picnic all winter long just waiting for the warm weather to arrive? Well now that it's finally warm out, we have some super cute picnic ideas for you to try out. Going on a picnic can not only be romantic between two people, but it can also be a fun family outing. Did you know there are picnic games you can play with crochet patterns? We have some of the most unique designs for planning a picnic; I can't wait to go on one, myself!
In this collection we've provided you with things to bring on a picnic as well as a picnic planning checklist, because you wouldn't want to forget any of the fun stuff. Before heading out to your favorite spot let's start planning a picnic!
Cute Picnic Ideas
Aside from your food and drink essentials you'll need a few other items to make your picnicking a joyous event.
All Purpose Striped Basket - This basket is perfect for holding all your food and drinks. It's sturdy enough to stand on its own if you line the inside with fabric or even starch it as a stiffener.
Tic Tac Toe Blanket - This crochet afghan pattern is not only great to sit on during your picnic, but you can also make a fun game out of it. Your game pieces can be pretzels and cookies or napkin holders and forks; get creative with it.
- Striped Summer Coasters - If you want to get really fancy on your picnic, then bring these crocheted coasters along. Perhaps you don't want your magazines to keep your drink steady; use these coasters instead.
Every outing is much more fun when games are involved. Whether you're at a party or having a simple picnic, games will surely bring out the best in everyone.
Checkers Game Afghan - If you know how to crochet a blanket already, then this should be your next project. When planning a picnic you want to make it fun, so this checkers blanket is just the thing. The playing pieces can also be used as coasters.
Mini Roll-up Checker Board - If you want something a little smaller and have the desire to play picnic games while eating, then this mini roll-up board will work out well for you.
Penguin Bowling Pins - This isn't the typical thing you would bring with on a picnic, but if you're going with small children who get bored easily, then this game is sure to keep them occupied and smiling.
- Crochet Football - The picnic ideas we have are just suggestions, but how can you not bring a football with you? The soft plushiness of this crochet design is great so the kids can play, too.
While planning a picnic you have to be sure you have all the essentials. Of course we've already gone through that, so here are a few fun ones you might not have thought of.
Hand Sanitizer Cozy - This design is great for holding your hand sanitizer. You might not be near a water fountain or sink, so you'll have to whip out the sanitizer to wipe off those sticky fingers from all the watermelon and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Fruit Cozy - I like this crochet pattern because it can keep your fruit from bruising while sitting in the bag with all the other food and drink items.
One Hour Wine Bottle Cozy - If you're going on a romantic picnic without the kids then it's a no-brainer to bring a bottle of wine. This cozy will keep the wine cool while heading to your destination. Plus, it only takes an hour to crochet!
Cup Cozy - The buttons on this crochet design is what really makes this a cute picnic idea. The great thing about this is that you can use it any time: while picnicking, while drinking your morning coffee or while having a cup of tea.
- Checkered Chair Pad - Not a person who likes sitting on the ground? These chair pads can easily be placed on the ground for you to sit on. Your picnic experience might be a little more delightful if your behind is cushioned.
When planning a picnic, you can get as creative as you'd like. Turn your relaxing picnic into a fun family outing or a romantic date for the two of you. These picnic ideas should get you started on a few necessities, but you can bring so much more! Crochet patterns are the perfect way to plan for your summer activities.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Simple, sweet, different, and unique, this crochet washcloth has fantastic texture and looks decorative sitting by your sink. This… Continue reading: "Circle Point Crochet Washclothvideocam"
Fall Oak Leaves
Crochet Flip Flop Cover
Retro Summer Dress
28+ Summer Crochet Patterns
35+ Free Crochet Butterfly Patterns
20 Free Vintage Patterns to Crochet
Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Crazy Cute Crocheting Snowman
Stashbuster Spring Flowers
100+ Free Crochet Patterns for Winter: Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, Blankets and More!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet