23 Perfect Potholder Patterns
By: Lani Rush, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Check out our 23 Perfect Crochet Potholder Patterns to add a little fun and brightness to your kitchen supplies. Coloful crochet potholder patterns are frequently overlooked, but they have a lot of potential for being not only functional, but cute! If you're just learning to cook, you have to make sure you have the right accessories and supplies, and these crochet potholder patterns are perfect for outfitting your new kitchen.
If you're a seasoned cook, you know how important it is to have a good quality hotpad to protect your hands, and if it's cute enough to lift your spirits, so much the better! We've organized this list into categories to help you navigate and make your pattern selections, so pick out some yarn and have some fun before your next baking day! These crochet potholder patterns are also easy to make and can be crocheted within an afternoon, making these patterns an excellent last-minute gift idea for any housewarming party on your calendar. Best of all, many of these crochet patterns do not require much yarn, so you could crochet a potholder simply by using what's available in your overflowing yarn stash.
Table of Contents
Did you know you can crochet more than potholders? With the crochet dishcloth patterns found in this free eBook, you can make cleanup a bit more cheerful. Get to work on those dirty dishes in a big way when you look at the free eBook 10 Crochet Scrubbies: Crochet Dishcloth Patterns to Make
Crochet Potholder Patterns in Circles and Squares
You'll love these easy-to-make crochet potholders that are made in circles and squares. Unique as can be, these colorful crochet potholders will add a splash of color to any kitchen. These potholders are almost too pretty to cover up with a casserole dish!
- Potholder Pattern The diagonal stripes on these lovely holders are fun to make and fun to use.
- Circles Pattern This pattern is unique because it has both stripes and circles--the best of two worlds.
- Bluebird Potholder Pattern This little bluebird of happiness would make a great housewarming gift for friends or new neighbors.
- Roll Stitch Hot Pad Roll stitching sets this pattern apart, and versatility makes it a necessary addition to your kitchen.
- Double Wheels Potholder Spin this little number and you might get dizzy, but that could just be happiness, too.
- Easy Peasy Potholder Do you need a potholder in a hurry? Then you'll want to keep this quick and stylish crochet potholder pattern at your fingertips.
- Peach Crochet Potholder You'll love how easy it is to make this stylish crochet potholder, especially as it is made with yarn in a bold color.
- Vintage Inspired Crochet Potholder You'll love this elegant and sleek design in this crochet potholder! Your friends will love receiving a duplicate for a housewarming gift, too.
Nature-Inspired Potholder Patterns
You don't have to look far to find inspiration for crochet potholder patterns! This selection offers plenty of flower power, as well as additional designs inspired by nature. These colorful crochet patterns would make great gift ideas, too.
- Moon Star Motif Now this is truly a work of art. This looks like the sun, moon, stars, and flowers.
- Petal Potholders The unique shape and pretty design of this hotpad give it unexpected appeal and elegance.
- Sunny Skies Hotpad Brighten up your kitchen with this cute hotpad pattern.
- Dutch Skies Potholders You'll love the dramatic look of these gorgeous crochet potholders. You'll also be surprised that even beginners can make these, too!
- Acorn Potholder Easy to make, this crochet potholder pattern is the perfect way to add a qiurky look to your kitchen.
- Flowers in Springtime Potholder What a cute way to welcome spring! Consider using yarn in an assortment of colors when making this pattern.
Super Cute Crochet Potholder Patterns
From holiday designs to bold and colorful motifs, you'll want to get these crochet potholder patterns in your kitchen right away. Grab some yarn and your favorite crochet hook, because you'll want to make the crochet patterns included in this section.
- Heart Shaped Trivet Use any color worsted weight yarn to make this for someone you love.
- Moody Monkey Potholders This is an easy crochet pattern that's perfect for beginners.
- Coffee Cup Hot Pad Coffee fanatics, this is the perfect potholder pattern for you.
- Mr. Claus Potholder Pattern You'll love using this adorable crochet potholder during the holidays! Just keep in mind this pattern is ideal for crocheters at the intermediate level.
- Dancing Sheep Potholder This pattern is too cute to pass up! You'll love the whimsical addition of sheep to a crochet potholder.
- Super Simple Granny Square Potholder Although this crochet potholder pattern is easy to make, it comprises four granny squares joined together. The result? A cute and colorful potholder that will look good on your kitchen table.
- Bobble Heart Potholder This design is perfect if you want to add some whimsy and texture to your typical potholder. Keep this crochet potholder pattern in mind the next time you need a quick gift idea for Valentine's Day!
- Fruity Trivets and Potholders Easy to make and colorful, too, these fruity trivets and potholders are almost good enough to eat.
- Cheerful Sunflower Potholder With its bold design and deep, rich colors, this crochet potholder pattern will be a sunny addition to your kitchen accessories.
Making a crochet potholder isn't the only way to make a dent in your yarn stash! This collection of free crochet patterns is just what you need if you'd like to do something about those piles of yarn in your home. Get inspired when you take a look at 23 Free Crochet Patterns to Use Up Leftover Yarn
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Heirloom Wedding Ring Quilt
- Rainbow Tunisian Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Comfy Heritage Quilt Crochet Blanket
- The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie
- Wrap and Go Shawl
- Beginner Squares Afghan
- Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawl
- Autumn Butterfly Cardigan
- Unforgettable Top Down Shawl
- Majestic Hooded Scarf Pattern