20 Free Easter Crochet Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Free Easter crochet patterns are just what the bunny ordered. When you start to see pastel colors, bunnies and chocolate-covered Easter eggs you know Easter is on its way. Following Easter is spring which means summer isn't too far behind. Although spring starts in mid-March the weather doesn't always show it, so when the Easter bunny arrives you know warmer weather is just around the corner.
As the seasons change you start to see lighter crochet colors when looking at your favorite yarns. It's time to bring out your crochet hooks and make all the free Easter crochet patterns out there. It's always fun to make patterns for others especially for the kids. You can make some cute crocheted Easter eggs to hide around the house for the kids to find. Don't forget about the Easter baskets too; they'll never get old or fall apart like the regular straw baskets. Plus, you'll be making everything from your heart and it doesn't get better than that.
With that said, it's time to crochet all these adorable Easter patterns. Let's get hopping!
Table of Contents
Crochet Easter Eggs
Easter eggs are one of the biggest symbols out there that it's Easter time. You'll see eggs wrapped in chocolate with fun colors, styrofoam eggs for you to design with and fun paints to decorate eggs. One of the most fun things to do for this holiday is to decorate Easter eggs with food coloring; this is something the kids will love. Something for the adults though is crocheting. Crochet some of the most beautiful Easter eggs out there like the ones you see below. These are super cute free crochet Easter crochet patterns.
- Make a Chick Egg Cover to disguise some candy eggs. Work up some free Easter egg patterns to cover plastic eggs filled with candy or treats. These pint-size sachets are egg-cellent.
- Use this free crochet pattern to make a cute Easter decoration. This egg has an attitude as you make it with fangs. Worsted weight yarn is used.
- If you love decorating your home for Easter but aren't a fan of the mess that comes with dying Easter eggs, then this is the pattern for you. These Crochet Easter Eggs are easy to crochet, and they can be used year after year for your Easter home decor. The options are endless when it comes to this free crochet pattern because there are so many variations you can create using the same basic pattern.
- The only thing cuter than crocheted Easter eggs are miniature Easter eggs. This free crochet pattern is quick and easy to follow, so you can work up a bunch by the time the Easter bunny comes. Lion Brand Bonbons yarn or any scrap yarn would be perfect to use for these tiny crocheted eggs. Get creative and incorporate a variety of colors and designs into your work. The pattern is worked in a spiral, so stitch markers are recommended to keep track of rounds.
- Holiday garland isn't just for Christmastime. Deck the halls with Easter Egg Garland! Let your Spring fever show with this free Easter crochet pattern.
- This crochet Easter egg can hold a secret surprise in its little compartment. Store candy or small toys inside this palm-sized egg. Pop several of these into Easter baskets or hide them around the house. Get a head start on your holiday crochet today!
Easter Basket Patterns
Easter baskets are fun crochet patterns to make for the holiday. Using any color yarn you want you can make some fabulous baskets to bring out every year. The best part about crocheting your own baskets is they shouldn't go bad or fall apart. Get creative with your crochet designs and crochet colors and work up some fun Easter baskets for those kiddos.
- When you hear the name of this project, Bunny in a Basket, you just know it's going to be something adorable. Donna's free crochet pattern is perfect for Easter time. Boa yarn is used for a fun touch.
- Make a soft and pretty Easter basket for your kids this year with this free crochet Easter pattern. It's easy to make and it will never wear down like other Easter baskets.
- This Crochet Easter Basket is just the right size for your little one use at the Easter egg hunt this year. Small baskets like this are perfect for collecting Easter eggs, candy, and more. Make one for each of your kids using different colored yarn and add a personalized touch with the crochet flower appliques. The sturdy handles of this crochet basket pattern is made by crocheting over pipe cleaners. The basket measures about 6 inches wide and 3 inches tall, and the handle can be made whatever length you want.
- If you have two skeins of yarn and around an hour of free time, you can quickly crochet your own DIY basket for Easter. The Mini Easter Basket is one of the best ideas for Easter baskets out there because you can completely customize your basket with the color or colors that you want. Make a few homemade Easter baskets for all the children you'll be seeing over the holidays, and fill each one with plastic eggs and candy. You can give these out for an Easter egg hunt, so each child has someplace to put each egg as they find it.
- If you can crochet in the round and make a hat, then you should have no problem working up this Easter Crochet Peek a Book Rabbit Basket. This is a fun decoration to use during the spring and Easter season. Add buttons and ribbons for extra embellishment if you wish.
- If you're looking to go "cheap, cheap" on your Easter decorations this year then you'll love this Baby Chick Easter Basket you can crochet on your own. Red Heart Super Saver is used for the majority of the crochet design. Why go to the store when you can just as easily make your own Easter decor? The chick is flat so you can even use this basket for the kids to fill with candies.
- The brown and blue colors of this Boys Chunky Easter Basket make it perfect for the little boys in your life to have a great Easter egg hunt. There are a few unique stitches in this Easter basket pattern that make it a little bit more difficult than others, but the end pattern is worth it. It sits so well on its own that this basket will never lose shape. The size of this basket is approximately 7" in diameter and 6" high, so it's easy for little ones to carry around.
Easter Decor Patterns
Decorate your home this Easter season with some amazing crochet patterns. Free Easter crochet patterns are always around, but you see more of them when the holiday gets closer. Pillows, wreaths, placemats, and other patterns are all fun patterns to make.
- With this free crochet pattern from Lily Sugar 'n Cream you can make a decorative wreath for Easter. Welcome your guests for brunch with a beautiful design. Colorful pastel colors are perfect for this piece.
- If you're looking for a fun and unique Easter crochet pattern to use as home decor then make this cute Easter egg pillow. Use pastel colors for the holiday or any color you wish.
- Get your whole house prepared for Easter by crocheting this cute Easter Egg Rug. This crochet rug pattern looks adorable when made in pastel colors, but you could also change up the color scheme if you'd like. Don't you just love free crochet rug patterns like this?
- These Easter Egg Placemats are the cutest thing for Easter! Put them out as the perfect crochet accent to a family holiday dinner. This placemat can help to add even more spring cheer to your living room. This adorable egg pattern adds a personal touch to your Easter gathering and celebration. But you do not need to keep such a great creation to yourself! This egg patterned placemat would make a great Easter gift to family or friends, and the intermediate ranking on the pattern would boost your crochet skills all while giving you the tools to make a beautiful homemade gift your family will love.
- This Easter Egg Wall Hanging is a festive way to decorate your home for the holiday. This is one of those easy to make easter decorations that you'll use year in and year out. Just follow this simple crochet pattern and voila!
- One Round Baby Eggs are quick and easy to work up! This free Easter egg pattern can be used to create simple ornaments, decorations or pins. Make a whole dozen in different colors.
Crochet Bunny Patterns
Let's not forget about our furry friends. You know for sure that Easter is on its way when you see the big furry friend with long ears and a cotton tail. Hippity hoppity goes the Easter bunny; crochet these bunny patterns.
- Pop a Crochet Bunny Peep into someone's basket for a fun surprise. It's an easy free crochet pattern to work up and it looks good in traditional peep colors: yellow, purple, and pink. Make this sweet treat for somebunny this Easter.
- Create a fantastic small Easter bunny pillow for the holiday. This free Easter pattern to crochet will look so cute on your couch as a decorative piece.
- These absolutely adorable Little Crochet Easter Bunnies are the perfect quick craft for the Easter season. You can make multiple bunnies in many colors from scraps of yarn you have laying around. Since each bunny takes very little time, it is easy to start a rather large collection in an hour or so. These adorable crochet projects would look great scattered across an Easter table, added to Easter Baskets, inside plastic eggs during an egg hunt or even pinned to your coat. And since they're super easy, they'd be a perfect kid's craft!
- Easter Bunny Mug Cozy"The easter bunny mug cozy is a quick and easy project to make. It will look fabulous on your easter breakfast table, but also makes for a cute hostess gift!"
- The adorable Cheerful Spring Easter Bunny is the cutest crochet amigurumi pattern we've seen this season. This is an easy crochet pattern that has both a written crochet pattern and a full video tutorial geared to help those just beginning in amigurumi. The cute dress is worked in single crochet stitches and you can find the pattern linked within the bunny pattern. Keep the bunny as-is or make her a cheerful amigurumi pattern with the bright sunshine dress that she deserves to wear.
- This Adorable Baby Bunny Hat is super cute for Easter. Crocheted hats like this are fun to use for photo props. The crochet design is made for preemies and newborns through six months; every beginner can make this hat. Hop on over to this pattern and get started.
- Entertain the whole family on Easter day with a crochet rabbit and rings. This free crochet pattern is a fun project that will get kids hopping with excitement. The Bunny Ring Toss Game will definitely liven up the holiday.
- Forget the over-the-top bonnet this year! Wear an Easter Bunny Hat instead and look super cute. This fun Easter crochet pattern is available in sizes for every'bunny'!
- Easter crafts don't get much cuter than this Lucky Bunny Applique. It can be added to nearly anything including Easter baskets, baby hats, and more. You could even turn this into a keychain and take this lucky rabbit foot with you wherever you go. It measures 4 inches by 3 inches, but can be easily adjusted by using a smaller yarn and hook.
Spring is here! It's time to celebrate the arrival of warmer weather and longer days by creating crochet bunnies to share with family and friends: 16 Crochet Bunny Patterns: Hats, Amigurumi, and More
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet