We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Good news from the best island off of Scotland; we give you the Fair Isle Crochet Cowl. Although the Fair Isle technique is normally exclusive to knitting, we're giving you a crochet version of it! The x's and o's of this crochet pattern will remind any loved one of how you feel about them. Not to mention that this crochet cowl really is the fairest of them all. It's got a gorgeous pattern and colors to boot, so we suggest you get going on this one as a gift for the holiday season.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge14 sc = 4 [10 cm]; 16 rounds = 4 [10 cm] in single crochet and Fair Isle Chart. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished Size9.5 in x 22 in
- RED HEART® Soft®: 1 ball each of -
- 9388 Wheat A
- 9870 Deep Sea B
- 9440 Light Grey Heather C
- 9520 Seafoam D
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
Directions are for size Small/Medium; changes for sizes Large/X-Large are in parentheses.
- Cowl is worked in rounds. All rounds are worked with right side facing.
- Work all stitches in back loops only, unless pattern says to work into both loops.
- Pick up new yarn from under old to twist yarns and prevent holes. Carry colors not in use loosely along wrong side of work. On next round, work over carried yarn of previous round to hide.
- When changing colors, work last step of last st of previous color with new color.
Snuggle up with these 18 Cozy Crochet Cowl Patterns
With A, ch 80 , slip st in first ch to form a ring, being careful not to twist chain.
Round 1 (Right Side): Ch 1 (does not count as a st here and throughout), working in both loops, sc in same st as join and each ch around, slip st in first sc to join – 80 (100) sc.
Round 2: Ch 1, working in back loops only and beginning with Round 2 of Fair Isle Chart, work 20-st repeat of Chart in sc around.
Working in back loops only, work Fair Isle Chart in sc until Round 32 has been completed, then work Rounds 1-5 once more. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
- A, B, C = Color A, B, C
- ch = chain
- cm = centimeters
- mm = millimeters
- sc = singlecrochet
- st(s) = stitch(es).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Are you ready for a lazy day of crocheting? Then you're going to want to see this Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanket. This is an easy mile… Continue reading: "Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanketvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet