Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
9 Months to Crochet Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
9 Months to Crochet Book Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
When you're counting down to the big day of baby's arrival that last month truly does last forever. All you want to do is meet your bundle of joy and snuggle all the snuggles you can possibly get in. To help the time pass by a bit quicker, whether you're in your first month or your ninth month, you can work up some cute crochet patterns from 9 Months to Crochet.
In this adorable baby-friendly book you'll find 25 projects to make while you await your newest family member. You won't be able to choose from the outfits to the blankets and pillows; they're all just too cute. You'll quickly realize all the patterns included in this book are eye-catching and drool-worthy (from both you and the baby).
What I thought was really clever about this book is how the author divided it into trimesters. In the first trimester you'll find beginner patterns like a baby jacket, a ribbon-tie diaper case and baby bunting. In the second trimester you'll see patterns like nursery baskets, baby blankets and a nursery pillow. In the third and final trimester you'll come across baby booties, a skirt and shorts and an adorable sheep baby mobile. Some of these patterns have more advanced crochet work than the first two trimesters. Each design is modern with a classic twist of fabulous color schemes. Eco-friendly cotton yarn was used for the toys while pure wool was used for the winter wearables. You can however, use any yarn you are most comfortable with.
In the back of the book you'll find the exact yarn that was used for each pattern, along with crochet stitches provided in colorful step-by-step photos. If you're new to crocheting, the author makes it nice and easy for you to follow for the most precious patterns of all time. If you're expecting a baby yourself or know of someone who is, nine months are sure to fly by with 9 Months to Crochet.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Moose Kitchen Towel
- Crochet Penguin Coaster
- Christmas Reindeer Treat Basket
- Remus Lupin C2c Crochet Block
- Nymphadora Tonks C2c Crochet Block
- Crochet Christmas Bell Ornaments
- Easy Crochet Tank Top
- Easy Ribbed Tank Top
- Height Waist Skirt
- Easy Crop Halter Top
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters