Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Learn Bruges Lace
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn Bruges Lace
Provided by Annie's
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit
Learn Bruges Lace by Ellen Gormley is a wonderful crochet book to add to your collection. This technique book includes step-by-step crochet tutorials that will teach you everything you need to know about how to crochet Bruges lace. Each tutorial includes both written and symbol instructions. Once you've learned the technique, you can then practice your new crochet skills with any one of the eight fun and fashionable crochet patterns that are included in the book, as well.
Bruges lace is an old technique that originated in Belgium in the 1930s. At first glance, Bruges lace seems complex and intricate, but it's really quite simple. The structure of this deceptively simple technique is made up 3 elements: a short row of stitches (called the "ribbon" or "tape"), chain loops on the sides of the rows, and the joins to other rows or motifs (sometimes called "crosses"). Traditional lace is usually made with only one color, but the neat thing about Bruges lace is that because it's worked in pieces, it's easy to incorporate more than one color.
Learning how to crochet Bruges lace is a cinch with the help of this technique book from Annie's. The stitch tutorials are super easy to learn, and once you've learned the basics, you can test your skills by making any one of the featured crochet patterns. Projects include the Pea Pod Scarf (pg 20), the adorable Toddler Hat (pg. 31), and the Dune Throw (pg. 45). If you've been wanting to expand your crochet skills, you'll defintely want to pick up a copy of this book and learn how to crochet Bruges lace today. It's a wonderful technique that every crocheter should know.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
This slouch is a simple pattern that allows the beauty of this yarn to show through. The yarn is Red Heart Unforgettable Waves and I… Continue reading: "Waves of Warmth Slouchvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Men's Crochet Ribbed Bandana Scarf
- 6 Weeks Of Summer Shawl
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Crochet Eta Baby Blanket
- Sweet And Simple Crochet Handbag
- Shell Stitch Baby Blanket
- Modern Double Thick Crochet Potholders
- Easy Breezy Crochet Cardigan
- Sea Life C2c Throw
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters