Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
Oliver and Olivia Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Get a Free Crochet Blanket pattern will have you dropping all your other WIP’s to make this throw. The Oliver and Olivia Crochet Blanket pattern is a fun project to crochet. Made with two colors of worsted weight washable merino yarn, this afghan can be made to match any home decor. I love to crochet blankets but I find that I get bored easily. With the mosaic blocks crochet stitch I couldn’t wait to see how the next repeat would look. The stitch pattern combined with the softness of the yarn made for this to be a very enjoyable project. The stitch pattern uses simple stitches but in a unique way which makes this an intermediate pattern but I think with a little patience a beginner crocheter can make this blanket. Designed as a baby blanket gift for my friend Nadia Fuad of YARNutopia who it pregnant with her and her husband's first child, I wanted to make sure this blanket was one she would love and one that the baby could use for a long time. I used my own yarn line, Chic Sheep by Marly Bird™, which is 100% washable merino wool in the VIP color and Linen. Both the colors are what Nadia and Nate are using in their nursery so it was a perfect match. For the stitch pattern, I wanted to use one that was very geometric and unisex. When I came across this mosaic blocks crochet pattern I knew it was perfect. The simple border really brings it all together. Now you can make your own Oliver and Olivia Crochet Blanket using the mosaic blocks pattern. I highly recommend the Chic Sheep yarn if you want to make this something really special, but you can use almost any other worsted weight yarn you wish that gets you the same gauge."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge: 12.75 sts and 18 rows = 4” in mosaic blocks stitch pattern
Finished Size45” wide x 51.5” (not including border)
- Chic Sheep by Marly Bird™
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Tessa Skirt
- Peeking Puff Stitch Cowl
- Crochet Waffle Stitch Tutorial
- Suzette Stitch Crochet Tutorial
- Crochet Crab Stitch Tutorial
- Beautiful Bean Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Magic Circle Crochet Tutorial
- Moss Stitch Crochet Tutorial
- Sweet Suzette Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Tahoe Bean Stitch Twisted Headband
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters