We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Pocket Shawls by Karen Whooley features 9 cozy Shawl designs. Each pattern includes instructions to make the shawl in both child-size and adult-size. You also receive instructions to make 2 of the designs as doll-size pocket shawls.
The designs included (difficulty level in parenthesis) are: Coastal Tide (easy), Perky Patches (intermediate), Granny Pockets (easy), Hooded Comfy* (easy), Button-Flap Pockets* (easy), Desert Stars (intermediate), Starry Night (easy), Button-on Hoody* (intermediate) and Shadow Pockets (easy). The pocket shawls which include hoods are indicated above with a *. The two patterns which include doll-size pocket shawl instructions are the Button-on Hoody and Shadow Pockets.
My personal favorites are the Granny Pockets and Shadow Pockets designs. Both are pretty, functional and appear so cozy and comfortable to wear!
Chevrons, linked double crochet, granny stitch, v-stitch and star stitch are just some of the pretty stitches you get to try when making your pocket shawls.
The designs are written using U.S. crochet terminology and include schematic diagrams when needed. Each design uses medium weight yarn and a crochet hook from 5.0 mm (H) to 6 mm (J).
Throughout the book you will see orange-colored camera icons. Whenever you see one of these camera icons it will include a small note (also in orange) beside it to tell you which technique video is available.
Choose from 9 lovely designs; make one for yourself, a friend, or make matching mommy & me pocket shawls. You can even make a coordinating pocket shawl for you daughter’s favorite doll! The addition of pockets provides a handy place for carrying small supplies, tissues or even your favorite book. Function, comfort and design are all included in this collection.
Looking for more? Check out 18 Pocket Shawl Patterns to Crochet!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghan is the ultimate crochet pattern for beginners. This crochet afghan is so easy, quick and fun to work… Continue reading: "Quick n' Cozy Crochet Afghanvideocam"
- Win a copy of Shrugs, Shawls & Boleros!
- Car Seat Blankets
- A Fun Way to Learn to Crochet for Kids
- Huggable Crochet
- Enter to win a copy of One-Skein Baby Projects!
- Enter to win a copy of Shawls You'll Love!
- Win a copy of Pocket Shawls!
- Mollie Makes Crochet
- Figure Flattering Plus-Size Fashions
- Enter to win a copy of Modern Crocheted Shawls & Wraps!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Double Waffle Crochet Baby Blanket
- Sunny Summer Crochet Doily Tutorial
- How to Do a Popcorn Stitch in Crochet
- V-Stitch and Shell Stitch Tutorial
- How to Crochet the Shell Stitch
- Honeycomb Cardigan - Bobble Stitch Cardigan
- Crochet V-Stitch Photo Tutorial
- Thermal Single Crochet Stitch
- Screen Window Square
- How to Weave in Yarn Ends
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters