Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Crochet Refresher Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The book Crochet Refresher by Sharon H. Silverman is a great book for beginners and for those who have previously crocheted and want to start crocheting again. The nine patterns in this book are fun and easy to make, and utilize yarn available for purchase from your local craft store and big box retailers. I always enjoy it when I don't have to mail away for specific yarn and I can shop at my local store to make a yarn purchase. Then I can get started right away on my projects.
What's really unique about this book is there are instructions for left & right handed people. Also, if you get stuck, there is a new feature called bonus online tutorials. It's really helpful, because there is a website address included inside the book so you can watch videos if you get stuck on a certain stitch or technique.
This whole book is dedicated to baby gifts so most of these projects are small and work up rather quickly. The first project in the book is a washcloth to help with the very basics. You will be reminded on how to make a slip knot and how to single crochet. There are six interesting and practical baby blankets, and a hat with a matching mitts pattern, too.
This is a great book to get if you need to make a baby gift for your friends or family. In the course of this book you will also double crochet, learn ribbing, make pom poms, and discover how to color change. Since this book offers a lot of different techniques, once you finish making all the patterns in this book you will have the confidence needed to start tackling more difficult patterns.
Crochet Refresher is a delightful book that will naturally appeal to those with babies and young children, but which also has a lot of useful information that can benefit anyone interested in crochet. If you are looking to learn new skills, or just brush up on the skills you already have, Crochet Refresher is a great place to start.
Read NextPlus Size Crochet
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The sad truth is that flowers wilt, and you will have to throw out that special bouquet some time. With crochet flower patterns,… Continue reading: "Forever Fabulous Flowersvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Reversible Whale - Flippy Friends
- Hana's Crochet Flower Garland
- Dodoco Crochet Pattern
- Cute Cactus Earrings
- Crochet Baby Coat/cardigan Sweater Beautiful Free Patterns Explain All Sizes
- Reversible Unicorn- Flippy Friends
- Rainbow Heart Pencil Case
- Reverse Single Crochet Stitch
- Reversible Bee- Flippy Friends
- Amigurumi Piglet
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters