12 Ways to Chainless Crochet
How many times have you lost count during your foundation chain and either had to start all over or just sigh and count each one? Well, I think that it's time for a change. Chainless crochet has become more and more popular, since people are tired of having to keep track of their beginning chain. If you take out the need for a chain altogether, then you are left with a little bit more time to spend on your actualy crochet project itself!
This collection mostly consists of crochet afghans that have no beginning chain. What does that mean, you ask? When you start your crochet project, you will still work a chain, but it will also have triple spaces. Because of this, the spaces in which you actually end up crocheting are already defined for you so there is no need for counting stitch after stitch.
It also comes in handy when for those times in the winter when you realize you don't have a seriously comfortable afghan to cuddle up with, and you want one as soon as possible. Foundationless crochet patterns cut down on some of the time it takes to work up a pattern, and still allow you to complete it just like any other project. If you think you might be hooked, take a look at the crochet patterns below so that you can start learning today.
Want even more ways to be warm and cuddly? Check out this collection of 18 Quick and Easy Crochet Afghans!
Chainless Crochet Patterns
- No Beginning Chain Basket Throw
- Lacy Chainless Blanket
- No Beginning Chain Egg Crochet Blanket
- Chainless Quick Shell Afghan
- No Beginning Chain Asymmetric Shell Aghan
- Quick and Chainless Shell Afghan
- No Beginning Chain Ripple Blanket
- No Beginning Chain Crazy Block Afghan
- BONUS! Chainless Foundation Heart Headband
If you're at a sort of loss for even starting one of these projects or you've been out of the game for awhile and need a refresher, check out some of these tutorials:
- How to Crochet a Chainless Foundation
- How to Crochet a Chainless Foundation with Double Crochet
- How to Crochet a Chainless Foundation Using Half Double Crochet Stitches
By downloading our free eBook, 8 Different Crochet Stitches, you are sure to learn even more new things to add to your crochet arsenal!