Cheerful Granny Stripe Baby Blanket Pattern
This bright and fun granny stripe blanket crochet pattern uses Caron Simply Soft to make it perfect for babies!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Cheerful Granny Stripe Baby Blanket Pattern is a free design from Caron and we think it combines just about everything we crocheters love.
It uses the classic and beloved granny stripe technique, it's a perfect baby blanket size, and uses pretty and vibrant colors that are so inviting!
Frankly, we want to make them for everyone we know, not just the babies. Though, with the Caron Simply Soft yarn, it's cuddle-level soft, which is ideal for babies.
The clean white base makes the charming granny stripes really pop. From left to right, you'll see a stripe of Pumpkin that's a reddish-orange, the rich Gold, the Soft Green that's a light turquoise, and finishing off with Chartreuse that's a mossy shade of green.
We love this granny stripe baby blanket crochet pattern and we hope you do, too. Did we mention it's easy? That's right! With all these amazing factors, how could you resist?
Love this pattern?
Sign up for one (or more) of our awesome free newsletters for additional designs you'll love.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 sc and 14 rows = 4" [10 cm]. 13 sts (including dc and ch-1 sps) and 6 rows = 4" [10 cm] in Granny Pat.
Finished SizeApprox 37" x 42" [94 x 107 cm]
Caron® Simply Soft® (6 oz/170.1 g; 315 yds/288 m)
- Main Color (MC) White (9701) 3 balls
- Contrast A Chartreuse (9771) 1 ball
- Contrast B Soft Green (9739) 1 ball
- Contrast C Gold (9782) 1 ball
- Contrast D Pumpkin (9765) 1 ball
- Size U.S. H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
Love this yarn and want more ways to use it? We've got you covered. Check out 24 Caron Simply Soft Crochet Patterns
Cheerful Granny Stripe Baby Blanket
- Blanket worked lengthwise.
- To change colors, work to last 2 loops on hook of first color. Draw new color through last 2 loops and proceed with new color.
Granny Stripe Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern:
Work 6 rows each color: MC, A, MC, B, MC, C, MC, D, MC. These 54 rows complete Stripe Pat.
Note: See abbreviations for this pattern right below. Click to enlarge.
With MC, ch 139 (multiple of 4 ch + 3). See chart below.
1st row: (RS). 3 dc in 8th ch from hook (skipped ch-7 counts as 1 dc, ch 1 and skip next 3 ch). *Ch 1. Skip next 3 ch. 3 dc in next ch. Rep from * to last 3 ch. Ch 1. Skip next 2 ch. 1 dc in
Note: Chart for this pattern is right below. Click to enlarge.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 2 dc in first ch-1 sp. *Ch 1. 3 dc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to last turning ch sp. Ch 1. 3 dc in turning ch sp. Turn. 34 groups of 3-dc.
3rd row: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1). *3 dc in next ch-1 sp. Ch 1. Rep from * to last group of 3 dc. 1 dc in top of turning ch. Turn. 33 groups of 3-dc.
4th row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 2 dc in first ch-1 sp. *Ch 1. 3 dc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to last turning ch sp. Ch 1. 3 dc in turning ch sp. Turn. 34 groups of 3-dc.
Last 2 rows form Granny Pat. First 4 rows of Stripe Pat are complete. Cont in Granny Pat until all 54 rows of Stripe Pat are complete.
Edging: 1st rnd: (RS). Join MC with sl st to any corner of Blanket. Ch 1. Work sc evenly around, having 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around, working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc.
All of the best baby blankets can be found in this collection of 50+ Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
7 Free Crochet Preemie Blanket Patterns >>
What are your favorite colors to use for a crochet baby blanket? Let us know!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Every woman deserves an Unforgettable Top Down Shawl in her closet. Begin crocheting this free crochet pattern at the center top and… Continue reading: "Unforgettable Top Down Shawlvideocam"
- Baby Bubbles Crochet Afghan Pattern
- V-Stitch Rainbow Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Magic Rainbow Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Ombre Rainbow Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Gray Grandma Baby Blanket
- Magic Baby Blanket
- Junebug Baby Blanket
- Addicting Crochet Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Shells Baby Blanket
- One Ball Baby Blanket and Hat
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Pretty In Pink Elephant Lovey
- Clustered V-st Crochet Preemie Blanket Pattern
- Ice Cream - Easy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Boxed Bead Koozie
- Zayd The Boy Crochet Doll
- Zoya Amigurumi Mermaid
- Power Of Positivity Prayer Flags
- Harry The Spider
- Ice Cream Ripple Scarf
- Knit Look Bow
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters