Master The Magic Circle
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Step-by-step guide on how to master the magic circle; sometimes called the magic ring or magic loop. Save the URL to this page and reference it often when you need to get your next crochet project started.I seem to continually forget how to do the magic circle. While I have watched videos on how to complete the beginning circle, I have to find videos again each time. Then I end up watching countless videos until I get a good one that I can understand. Therefore, I made this visual for me. All I really need is a visual that will help me remember the steps involved in making this. It just shouldn’t be this difficult to master; right? After a bit, I realized that this could also be a help to someone else. Therefore, I decided to write up a step-by-step guide on how to master the magic circle. "
NotesI showed the tutorial with chunky yarn so you can see the steps easily. However, you can use this method for any yarn. If you use very thin yarn, I would wrap it around your fingers twice.
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
"Everyone needs at least one slouchy beanie in their lives. This Lazy daisy Slouchy beanie might just be the one!" Continue reading: "Lazy Daisy Slouchy Beanievideocam"
- How Much Yarn Do I Need?
- Solved: How to Soften Acrylic Yarn
- How to Tell if Yarn Is Wool or Acrylic
- 7 Benefits of Crocheting
- How to Teach a Child to Crochet
- 6 Best Crochet Hooks to Use + Free Patterns
- Crocheting with Arthritis: A Guide to Pain-Free Hooking
- How To Make A Double Crochet Rectangle Base In Rounds
- 50+ Crochet Hacks
- How to Adjust Crochet for Different Yarn Weights
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Christmas Crochet Rectangle Tablecloth Pattern
- How To Crochet A Rectangle Granny
- Vintage Red Truck Towel Topper
- Cat Crochet Christmas Tree Ornament
- Sapphire Haze Crochet Round Doily
- Mrs. Claus Shawl Easy Crochet Pattern
- Cat Santa Hat
- Mini Crochet Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Crochet Everest Earwarmer
- Adorable Snowflake Pattern
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters