This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Little One Cardigan
"This cozy crochet baby cardigan pattern is available in three infant and toddler sizes. Luscious cables add texture and make this an heirloom-worthy project. Made with just two skeins of King Cole Paradise Beaches DK yarn. This is the first pattern in the 2022 Christmas in July Make Along, including 31 days of free crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns for winter holiday gifts. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round Seaming with mattress stitch, crocheting around side of rows (includes video tutorials) Special stitches: FPdc, FPtr (includes written instructions and video tutorials) Special stitch: sc2tog (includes written instructions and linked video tutorial)"
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook, I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeWith larger hook, 17 sc for 19 rows measures 4” (10 cm) square. For best fit, always check your gauge and make a swatch large enough to take an undistorted center measurement.
Finished Size6 Months (12 Months, 18 Months)
- King Cole Paradise Beaches DK yarn (70% acrylic/30% polyamide, 3 oz/100 g, 278 yd/255 m) – 1 skein each in 3001 White Lady (CA) and 3005 Blue Jamaica (CB), or approximately 278 yd (255 m) each in any light weight, acrylic blend yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Straight pins.
- Yarn needle.
- 0.5” (1/2”) buttons – 4 (4, 5) buttons.
- 4 (4, 5) stitch markers.
- Sewing needle and thread (for attaching buttons).
Read NextVictorian Romance Cardigan