8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns, Volume II
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
For the perfect light sweater for spring or summer, work up this wonderfully easy breezy Boat Neck Pullover Sweater. The boat neck makes this otherwise ordinary crochet sweater pattern into something simply glamorous to wear. You can throw this sweater over a t-shirt or tank top when the breeze picks up or the sun sets. Your skin will be able to breathe easily in this lovely pullover, but it will give you the extra coverage you may need against a chill in the air. In addition, you'll love that this crochet pattern is easy to make and can be made within a short time-frame. This colorful crochet sweater is just what you need in your wardrobe!
1. The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus (). When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes. For ease in working, circle all numbers pertaining to your size.
2. Ch 2 at beg of row counts as hdc.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge18 sc and 20 rows = 4” [10 cm].
Patons® Glam Stripes™ (2.1 oz/60 g; 261 yds/239 m) in Chartreuse (09223):
XS/S = 5 balls
M = 6 balls
L = 7 balls
XL = 9 balls
2/3XL = 11 balls
4/5XL = 13 balls
- Sizes U.S. G/6 (4 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 4 stitch markers
Are you looking for other seasonal crochet projects? Then you'll want to keep this free eBook right at your fingertips. You'll find projects to make all year-round when you take a look at Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
To fit bust measurement:
Extra-Small/Small 28-34”[71-86.5 cm]
Medium 36-38”[91.5-96.5 cm]
Large 40-42” [101.5-106.5 cm]
Extra-Large 44-46”[112-117 cm]
2/3 X-Large 48-54”[122-137 cm]
4/5 X-Large 56-62” [142-157.5 cm]
Extra-Small/Small 37” [94 cm]
Medium 41” [104 cm]
Large 45” [114.5 cm]
Extra-Large 48” [122 cm]
2/3 Extra-Large 56” [142 cm]
4/5 Extra-Large 63” [160 cm]
BACK and FRONT (make alike)
Ch 86 (94-104-110-128-144).
**1st row: (RS). 1 hdc in 3rd ch from hook (counts as 2 hdc). 1 hdc in each ch to end of chain. Turn. 85 (93-103-109-127-143) sts.
2nd row: Ch 2. *1 hdc in back loop of next hdc. 1 hdc in front loop of next hdc. Rep from * to last 2 sts. 1 hdc in back loop of next hdc. 1 hdc in top of turning ch. Turn.**
Rep last row for pat until work from beg measures 21 (21-22-22-23-23)” [53.5 (53.5-56-56-58.5-58.5) cm], ending on a RS row.
Next row: (WS). Ch 1. *Work 1 sc in horizontal bar created between hdc of previous row (bar is below loops normally worked). Rep from * to end of row, working 1 sc in top of turning ch. Turn.
Next 3 rows: Ch 1. Working in back loops only, 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn. Fasten off at end of 3rd row.
Ch 40 (40-44-50-50-56).
Work from ** to ** as given for Back and Front. 39 (39-43-49-49-55) sts.
Work a further 2 rows in pat.
Shape sides: 1st row: Ch 2. 1 hdc in first hdc – inc made. *1 hdc in back loop of next hdc. 1 hdc in front loop of next hdc. Rep from * to last 2 sts. 1 hdc in back loop of next hdc. 2 hdc in top of turning ch – inc made. Turn.
2nd and 3rd rows: Ch 2. 1 hdc in front loop of next hdc. *1 hdc in back loop of next hdc. 1 hdc in front loop of next hdc. Rep from * to last st. 1 hdc in top of turning ch. Turn.
4th row: Ch 2. 1 hdc in first hdc – inc made. 1 hdc in front loop of next hdc. *1 hdc in back loop of next hdc. 1 hdc in front loop of next hdc. Rep from * to last st. 2 hdc in top of turning ch – inc made. Turn.
5th and 6th rows: Ch 2. *1 hdc in back loop of next hdc. 1 hdc in front loop of next hdc. Rep from * to last 2 sts. 1 hdc in back loop of next hdc. 1 hdc in top of turning ch. Turn.
Rep last 6 rows 7 (8-8-8-8-8) times more, then rep 1st row 1 (1-1-1-1-0) time. 73 (77-81-87-87-91) sts.
Cont even in pat until Sleeve measures 18½” [47 cm]. Fasten off.
Sew shoulder seams 3½ (4½-5½-6-8-10)” [9 (11.5-14-15-20.5-25.5) cm] in from each armhole edge. Place markers 8 (8½- 9-9½-9½-10)” [20.5 (21.5-23-24.5-24.5- 25.5) cm] down from shoulder seams on Front and Back. Sew in Sleeves between markers.
Sew side and sleeve seams.
Click below to enlarge, or click here for larger version.
Alt = Alternate(ing)
Beg = Beginning
Ch = Chain(s)
Cont = Continue(ity)
Hdc = Half double crochet
Inc = Increase(ing)
Pat = Pattern
Rep = Repeat
RS = Right side
Sc = Single crochet
St(s) = Stitch(es)
WS = Wrong side
Find more lightweight sweater and cardigan patterns in our collection of 56 Easy Crochet Cardigan Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw is a crochet blanket that is essentially one large granny square, so you can work it as large… Continue reading: "Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throwvideocam"
- Curvy Girl Cable Crochet Cardigan
- Victorian Romance Cardigan
- Comfy Casual Crocheted Cotton Cardigan
- Fall Favorite Classic Raglan Cardigan
- Tessellated Triangles Sweater
- Flattering Seamless Tunic
- Cozy Fall Shrug Crochet Pattern
- Light Mod Mesh Crochet Cardigan / Sweater
- Queen Bee Sparkle Sweater Pattern
- How to Crochet a Sweater
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet