15 Free Crochet Sweater Patterns for Children
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
With Fall approaching, kids heading back to school and the weather sure to turn cooler soon it's the perfect time to think about sweaters and ponchos. Even more importantly, sweaters for your children.
There are a ton of free crochet sweater patterns available right at your fingertips. And we've put together a collection of our favorites for kids specifically. Whether you are a beginning crocheter or an expert we've got you covered. So try your hand at these free crochet sweater patterns.
Table of Contents
Easy crochet baby hats are the best to make because you can whip them up in a short period of time. For birthdays or gift giving occasions, you can find the perfect crochet baby hat patterns in this collection for tots! 16 Crochet Baby Hat Patterns
Free Crochet Sweater Patterns
Protecting yourself from the cold doesn't mean you have to sacrifice looks, which is why these sweater patterns for children are both stylish and functional. The crochet sweater patterns collected here will keep your kids warm and toasty during the fall and winter months, while the designs stand out as unique and attractive. Several of these are unisex crochet patterns, while others would be ideal for your prince or princess. With so many to choose from, no one will be left out in the cold.
- Crochet Children's Cord SweaterCreate a colorful cord sweater for your child with this free crochet pattern for children. Rainbow braids make this sweater unique and add a nice, homemade touch.
- Girl's Pullover SweaterThis Girl's Pullover Sweater looks a little like a "Where's Waldo?" copy. This sweater pattern is for sizes 6-10. It is a classic pattern and a very easy sweater to crochet.
- Lilac Frost SweaterThis Lilac Frost Sweater is a nice crochet pattern for kids to wear. It makes for a perfect holiday sweater to wear in the chilly weather. Work up this free crochet pattern using a size F or H hook, depending on what size sweater you make.
- A free crochet sweater pattern is fun and easy to make. This easy drop shoulder pattern requires only a basic stitch. Monogram a letter on it for anything whether it's a name or school.
- Toddler Crochet SweaterThis stylish sweater is a perfect item to make for your little girl. The Toddler Crochet Sweater may be long-sleeved, but it's actually a great article of clothing for any season. Featuring three-quarter length flared sleeves and a cute crocheted flower applique, this crocheted sweater is actually great for spring.
- Eloise's Favorite Crochet SweaterTreat your daughter, niece, or family friend to an extra special addition to their winter wardrobe this year. This colorful crochet sweater is a perfect pattern to make any stylish little girl. Eloise's Favorite Crochet Sweater features three different sizes for girls.
Free Crochet Poncho Patterns
Ponchos aren't just for rainstorms! These free crochet poncho patterns are a great option for when there is just a slight chill to the air. Kids can wear any one of these DIY clothing crochet designs any time of the year.
- This Basic Child's Poncho is a great crochet outfit for girls ages 7 to 8. It is a simple crochet pattern that your kids will love!
- Child's Striped PonchoThe best part of these striped ponchos is that since they aren't fitted it takes a long time for kids to grow out of these! They are comfortable and loose--perfect for kids to play in or dress up.
- Child's Sunnytime PonchoThis Child's Sunnytime Poncho is an adorable outfit for spring! It is a light sweater for a cool day, or even a nice jacket to throw over a dress.
- Little Girl's PonchoThis stylish poncho will perfectly fit a 7 or 8-year-old child, and it's one size fits all! You will love crocheting this homemade gift.
- Frutti Toddler PonchoA Frutti Toddler Poncho like this will brighten up your little girls face. Bright pastels using Vickie Howell's Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) yarn from Caron is used. This baby crochet pattern uses three basic stitches making it an easy crochet pattern.
- Child's PonchoThis Child's Poncho was made for a 3 year old, but can be adjusted for different sizes. It's so cute to wear for any occasion. Enjoy this Crochet Child's Poncho Pattern!
- Customizable Broomstick Lace PonchoGet the perfect look for fall and winter with this Customizable Broomstick Lace Poncho. The reason it's customizable is because you can make it to any size you wish.
Free Crochet Cardigan Patterns
Free crochet sweater patterns come in all different styles. In addition to classic sweaters and ponchos, cardigans are a great way to mix up your style. Check out our favorite crochet cardigan patterns below!
- Fun Time CardiganMake this cute little cardigan as a gift for your daughter, granddaughter, or niece and watch her eyes light up as she opens it. This Fun Time Cardigan free crochet pattern uses a size I crochet hook and Red Heart Kids medium weight yarn. it can be a challenge to find reasonably priced kids clothes these days, and they outgrow clothing so fast.
- Cutie Pie Crochet CardiganDress your daughter up in bright colors with this Cutie Pie Crochet Cardigan pattern from Premier Yarns. It comes in enough sizes to fit ages 2 through 8 and is so fun that they will want to wear it all the time.
The next time you attend a christening, naming ceremony, or baptism, consider presenting the guest of honor with a beautiful crochet baby blanket that is worthy of preserving as an heirloom: 17 Crochet Baby Blankets for Christenings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Mini Bows
- Crochet Geometric Crop Top
- Crochet Mesh Loop Triangle Scarf
- Crochet Hungry Monster Candy Bag
- Fall Harvest Coaster Set
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- Criss-Cross Chunky Crochet Beanie
- Just Peachy Baby Cocoon
- The Kristie Cardi
- Pumpkin Patch Bear
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet