All Year Rainbow Wreath
Add some color to your home with this multicolored wreath project. The All Year Rainbow Wreath is a super easy crochet pattern to complete using a variety of different colored yarn. This home decor craft project is perfect for beginner crocheters and will look great on your front door, or anywhere else in your home that needs a quick splash of color. You can make this DIY wreath for specific holidays, or you could leave it up all year-round. Thanks to user srcoe1 7631373 for the wonderful name suggestion!
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Red Heart® Celebration™: 1 ball each 9340 Aqua/Silver A, 9740 Pink /Silver B, 9240 Lime/Silver C, 9840 Blue/Silver D, 9640 Gold/ Silver E, and 9540 Purple/Silver F
- Red Heart® Holiday®: 1 ball 140 White/Silver G
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Tape measure
- 18” (45.7 cm) Straw or Styrofoam WreatH
- Susan Bates® Pom-Pom Maker
SIZE: 18” (45.7 cm)
GAUGE: Gauge is not important for this project.
For easier wreath wrapping, make 3” (7.6 cm) balls of each yarn color. If using a straw wreath, leave the plastic wrap on the wreath.
Wrapping the Wreath:
Measure the circumference of the 18” (45.7 cm) wreath, approximately 56” (142 cm). To make wrapping easier, use a black pen and mark 12 equal parts around the outside of the wreath to indicate when to change the yarn color.
Wrap the wreath with A, B, C, D, E, and F on one side of the wreath and repeat on the other side.
With G, wrap 1” (2.5 cm) wide stripes between each color.
Weave in ends on the back of the wreath.
With 1 strand each C, D, and F held together, make 22” (55.9 cm) chain, join with slip st in first ch. Fasten off, and weave in ends. Fold the hanger in half, wrap around the top of the wreath and pull one end of the hanger through the other end to secure. Pull the remaining loop to the back of the wreath.
Make 1” (2.5 cm) pom-poms with A and E.
Make a 2” 5.1 cm) pom-pom with B. Attach to the wreath hanger so pom-poms hang in the center of the wreath.
ch = chain; cm = centimeters; mm = millimeters; st(s) = stitch(es); yo = yarn over
Name the Pattern Contest Rules:
- Contest ends on Friday, August 23rd at 11:59 pm CST.
- Open to anyone 18+ in US and Canada only.
- Only one entry per person please.
- Winner will be notified by email on Monday, August 26th, 2013.
Read NextScraptastic Ottoman