This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Scrappy Nesting Bowls
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Use up some scraps and get organized at the same time! Crochet nesting bowls are a fun way to store small things like keys, change, buttons, or even stitch markers. With 5 bowls in the set, there’s a perfect size for all of it. The confetti like appearance of these nesting bowls is created by using 3 strands of yarn together at a time. Three strands of worsted yarn together make the equivalent of a super-thick, jumbo yarn. Using this thick yarn bundle at a tight gauge gives the sides of the bowls the strength to stand up straight. "
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeUse pattern as gauge swatch – bottom of bowl 1 should measure approximately 2.5 inches in diameter.
Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be tight enough for the bowls to stand up on their own without support.
Finished Sizesmallest bowl is 2.5 inches in diameter x 1.1 inches high. Largest is 5.5 inches diameter x 2.75 inches high.
- 370 yds (total) worsted weight yarn in multiple colors
- Size K / 6.5 mm crochet hook or size needed to match gauge.
- Stitch Marker
Read NextRectangle Cord Basket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Grab a couple skeins of cozy chenille yarn and get ready to kick back and relax with the stress-free Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby… Continue reading: "Junebug Stitch Sampler Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Dodoco Crochet Pattern
- Cute Cactus Earrings
- Crochet Baby Coat/cardigan Sweater Beautiful Free Patterns Explain All Sizes
- Reversible Unicorn- Flippy Friends
- Rainbow Heart Pencil Case
- Reverse Single Crochet Stitch
- Reversible Bee- Flippy Friends
- Amigurumi Piglet
- Calla Lily Market Bag
- Katie Tote
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters