Sugar High Donut Pouf
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
What better way to decorate your room than with a Sugar High Donut Pouf? This easy crochet pattern will transform your room into a space that's uniquely yours by providing a cushy, cozy place to sit or rest your feet. Stick with the colors as written or switch things up to go along with your favorite donut type - the choice is yours!
Notes1) If you’ve never crocheted a donut shape before, it is recommended to do a trial run through the pattern with regular worsted weight yarn and an H hook.
2) Donut is worked from the inner hole to the outer edge, and then back to the hole.
3) RS shows on outside of donut.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge9 sts x 11 rows in sc with larger hook = 4" (10 cm). Take time to check gauge.
Finished Size26" (6 cm) diameter x 15" (38 cm) high
- Red Heart Super Saver Economy: (100% acrylic; 7 oz (198 g)/364 yds (333 m)): 2 skeins #E300-235 Lemon (A), 1 skein each #E300-313 Aran (B), #E300-373 Petal Pink (D), #E300-365 Coffee (E), #E300-311 White (F), and #E300-319 Cherry Red (G)
- Red Heart Classic (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz (100 g)/190 yds (174 m)): 1 skein #E267-681 Mist Green (C)
- 5-mm mini pompoms in rainbow colors for sprinkles
- 32 oz (900 g) bag of polyester stuffing
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Fabric glue
With A and larger hook, ch 54. Join with sl st to 1st ch to form ring, being careful not to twist ch. Place marker for beg of rnd.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in each ch around—54 sc. Do not join, rather work in a continuous spiral.
Rnds 2–15: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 16: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 5 sc] 9 times—63 sc.
Rnd 17: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 6 sc] 9 times—72 sc.
Rnd 18: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 7 sc] 9 times—81 sc.
Rnd 19: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 8 sc] 9 times—90 sc.
Rnd 20: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 9 sc] 9 times—99 sc.
Rnd 21: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 10 sc] 9 times—108 sc.
Rnd 22: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 11 sc] 9 times—117 sc.
Rnd 23: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 12 sc] 9 times—126 sc.
Rnd 24: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 13 sc] 9 times—135 sc.
Rnd 25: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 14 sc] 9 times—144 sc.
Rnd 26: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 15 sc] 9 times—153 sc.
Rnd 27: [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next 16 sc] 9 times—162 sc.
Rnds 28–33: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 34: Sc in each sc around, join with sl st in next st.
Rnd 35: Working in FLO, sl st in each st around, keeping sts loose and even, join with sl st in 1st sl st.
Fasten off A. Join B.
Rnd 36: Working in BLO, sc in each st in rnd 34. Do not join. (Photo 1).
Rnds 37–41: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 42: Sc in each sc around, join with sl st in next st. Fasten off B. Join C.
Rnds 43–44: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 45: Sc in each sc around, join with sl st in next st. Fasten off C. Join B.
Rnds 46–59: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 60: [invdec, sc in next 16 sc] 9 times—153 sc.
Rnd 61: [invdec, sc in next 15 sc] 9 times—144 sc.
Rnd 62: [invdec, sc in next 14 sc] 9 times—135 sc.
Rnd 63: [invdec, sc in next 13 sc] 9 times—126 sc.
Rnd 64: [invdec, sc in next 12 sc] 9 times—117 sc.
Rnd 65: [invdec, sc in next 11 sc] 9 times—108 sc.
Rnd 66: [invdec, sc in next 10 sc] 9 times—99 sc.
Rnd 67: [invdec, sc in next 9 sc] 9 times—90 sc.
Rnd 68: [invdec, sc in next 8 sc] 9 times—81 sc
Rnd 69: [invdec, sc in next 7 sc] 9 times—72 sc.
Rnd 70: [invdec, sc in next 6 sc] 9 times—63 sc.
Rnd 71: [invdec, sc in next 5 sc] 9 times—54 sc.
Rnds 72–90: Sc in each sc around, join with sl st in next st. Fasten off, leaving a tail 1 yd (1 m) long for sewing (Photo 2).
Weave in short end of foundation ch.
Sprinkles (make 22)
With smaller hook and desired color, ch 3, join with sl st to 1st ch to form ring. Place marker for beg of rnd.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, work 8 sc in ring—8 sc. Do not join, rather work in a continuous spiral.
Rnd 2: Sc in each sc around.
Rep rnd 2, stuffing lightly as you go, until piece is 3.5" (9 cm) long, join with sl st in next st. Fasten off, leaving a tail 24" (61 cm) long. Thread tail through 8 sts and pull to close. Weave in the short end.
Whipstitch the last rnd of donut to foundation ch, using 1 yd (1 m) of A at a time and stuffing donut as you go. (Photo 3).
Sew 10 sts at a time and be sure that stuffing is full and smooth before sewing further.
Sew sprinkles to donut as desired.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
The season of fall makes things like pumpkin lattes and falling leaves incredibly popular. If you want your style to stand out this… Continue reading: "Autumn Butterfly Cardiganvideocam"
- Linen Stitch Scrap Rug
- 28+ T-Shirt Yarn Crochet Projects
- Cute Crescent Moon Crochet Pattern
- One Skein Crochet Grocery Bag Pouch
- Crowning Touch Crochet Basket
- Giant Plarn Mandala
- Hygge Diamond Pillow
- Reef Crochet Basket Pattern 1.0
- Two-Toned Knit Stitch Crochet Basket with Handles
- Sugar High Donut Pouf
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Christmas Stocking Ornaments
- Crochet Pumpkin Coaster
- Santa & Reindeer Night Before Christmas C2C Graphgan
- Purple Sparkle Scarf
- Autumn Afghan
- Traveling Vine Crochet Cable Shawl
- Thanksgiving Turkey Gnome
- Modern Heirloom Blanket
- Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holders
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet