Chunky-like Preemie Granny Square Beanies
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"I am calling this one Chunky-Like even though it uses worsted weight yarn, because on a preemie baby, worsted weight is going to appear large and chunky. I do not suggest using #5 chunky/bulky yarn for preemie hats. You'll also want to make sure you find a soft acrylic or cotton blend – do not use wool. Choose something that you know can withstand being machine washed and dried multiple times, because it most likely will be."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge16 DC by 8 Rows = 4"
Finished SizePreemie sizes 1-1.5 pounds, 2-3 pounds, 3-5 pounds and 6-8 pounds.
- Small Amount of Worsted Weight Yarn – I used Red Heart’s Soft Yarn in Really Red, White and Rosy Blush
- I9/5.5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
If you're in a pinch for a housewarming gift, you'll love the Easy Jeweled Continuous Granny Square Afghan Pattern. You'll probably be… Continue reading: "Easy Jeweled Continuous Granny Square Afghan Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Fallen Leaves Coaster Pattern
- C2c Pig
- Gentle Forest Beanie
- Minecraft Ghast C2c Crochet Block
- Angry Emoji C2c Crochet Block
- Hexagon Star Basket
- Chef Gnome
- Growing Vine Bottle Holder
- Christmas Tree Decor
- Cobblestone Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters