We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The Star of David Crochet Ornament is a surprisingly simple pattern to crochet for the holidays. You'll need less than a skein of white worsted weight yarn to work up these star-shaped crochet ornaments, plus they are accented with iridescent beads to give them a little hint of sparkle. You won't believe how quick and easy these ornaments are to crochet, and you can simply use the photo as a guide when it's time to assemble them. Each ornament measures half an inch in diameter.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Red Heart Super Saver®: 1 skein 316 Soft White
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle, twelve 6mm
- Iridescent beads, sewing needle
- Ivory thread
- Two pieces of ¼” x 6” (25 mm x 15 cm) white satin ribbon
Ornament measures ½” (11 cm) in diameter.
13 hdc = 3” (8 cm). Gauge is not critical for this project.
Picot = Ch 2, slip st in last st
Triangle (Make 2 per Star)
Ch 36; join with slip st in first ch to form ring.
Ch 1, hdc in same ch, hdc in next 4 ch, [(hdc, dc, picot, hdc) in next ch, hdc in next 11 chs] twice, (hdc, dc, picot, hdc) in next ch, hdc in next 6 chs; join with slip st in top of first hdc – 39 hdc, 3 dc, and 3 picot.
Using photo as a guide, weave triangles together, staggering points. Sew one bead at each place triangles overlap. Mist with water and pin to block. Tie ribbon in a loop in any picot for hanger.
ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; st(s) = stitch (es); [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The delightfully easy Wrapped with Love Crochet Hat pattern is the perfect gift to make for anyone in your family. This pattern comes… Continue reading: "Wrapped with Love Crochet Hatvideocam"
- Sweet and Simple Christmas Star
- 35+ Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake
- Super Cute Sweater Ornaments
- Star of David Crochet Ornament
- 75 Free Crochet Snowflake Patterns
- Star of Bethlehem Ornament
- Pineapple Crochet Owl Ornament
- 14 Free Victorian Crochet Ornaments
- Twinkle Tree Ornament
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters