We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The Star of David Crochet Ornament is a surprisingly simple pattern to crochet for the holidays. You'll need less than a skein of white worsted weight yarn to work up these star-shaped crochet ornaments, plus they are accented with iridescent beads to give them a little hint of sparkle. You won't believe how quick and easy these ornaments are to crochet, and you can simply use the photo as a guide when it's time to assemble them. Each ornament measures half an inch in diameter.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Red Heart Super Saver®: 1 skein 316 Soft White
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle, twelve 6mm
- Iridescent beads, sewing needle
- Ivory thread
- Two pieces of ¼” x 6” (25 mm x 15 cm) white satin ribbon
Ornament measures ½” (11 cm) in diameter.
13 hdc = 3” (8 cm). Gauge is not critical for this project.
Picot = Ch 2, slip st in last st
Triangle (Make 2 per Star)
Ch 36; join with slip st in first ch to form ring.
Ch 1, hdc in same ch, hdc in next 4 ch, [(hdc, dc, picot, hdc) in next ch, hdc in next 11 chs] twice, (hdc, dc, picot, hdc) in next ch, hdc in next 6 chs; join with slip st in top of first hdc – 39 hdc, 3 dc, and 3 picot.
Using photo as a guide, weave triangles together, staggering points. Sew one bead at each place triangles overlap. Mist with water and pin to block. Tie ribbon in a loop in any picot for hanger.
ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; st(s) = stitch (es); [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
On a rainy day, a new mom will love to snuggle under this Gray Grandma Baby Blanket with her baby for comfort and warmth. This crochet… Continue reading: "Gray Grandma Baby Blanketvideocam"
- 35+ Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- 75 Free Crochet Snowflake Patterns
- Pipsqueak Penguin Ornament
- Gingerbread Crochet Ornaments
- Jewel Tone Crochet Snowflake
- The Crocheter's Favorite Ornament
- Winter Night Crochet Snowflake Decoration
- Beginner Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Broomstick Lace Crochet Ornament
- Pineapple Crochet Owl Ornament
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Silver Beach Scarf
- Wood Fairy Slippers
- Sunflower Wine Cozy
- How to Make Your Own Crochet Pattern
- Chunky Cardinal Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Classy Crochet Textured Blue Blanket
- Heights Beanie
- Santa Wreath
- Heights Cowl
- Rainbow Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet