16+ Crochet Gifts for Dad
You are going to love these crochet gifts for guys, whether you're looking for a project to make Dad, husbands, boyfriends, or younger men.
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Throughout the year, there are many occasions when you'll need a gift for dad. Yearly events like a birthday, Father's Day, and Christmas or Hannukah, to name just a few.
No matter what holiday is approaching, it's difficult to find something special for loved ones, especially gifts for dad or another main man in your life. Don't forget about that extraordinary guy who would absolutely love something you made him. You will find lots of ideas and free patterns in this collection of 16+ Crochet Gifts for Dad.
After all, quick homemade gifts (or not so quick) can be passed down from generation to generation. Sometimes it isn't worth all that hassle to wait in long lines or wrack your brain to think of something unique that you think might be the perfect gift when, in reality, crochet gifts for men is where it's at.
Stay in the comfort of your home and save money this year. We have some neat giftable crochet ideas you're sure to love; and he will, too! These free crochet patterns are not just for dads, either. These ideas make amazing crochet gifts for guys of all ages.
Table of Contents
Find more ideas for him in this collection of 22 Crochet Father's Day Gifts
Crochet Patterns for Men's Hats
All he needs to keep warm during the fall and winter (long winter if you live the north) are some crocheted hats. You'll often see men raking the leaves or plowing the snow, so you must help keep him warm. The best Christmas crochet gifts, and even excellent stocking stuffers, are hats that he won't ever grow out of.
There is even an ear warmer pattern that is both stylish and functional. In fact, all of these men's crochet hat patterns are at the top of the trend radar, so you'll be helping him look his best when he's out and about. These definitely aren't to be worn only during chore times.
- Basic Ear WarmerFollow the step by step instructions for a great ear warmer that will keep him warm during the winter.
- Das Beard HatGuys will definitely get a kick out of wearing this unique hat, especially if they have a clean-shaven baby face.
- Hubby's Favorite BeanieThis warm beanie will keep his head warm and toasty all winter long. Plus, beanies are great fashion statements for men.
- Men's Brimmed Crochet HatThis is an easy crochet beanie with a brim attached for an oh-so-cool look that he will want to wear all year round.
- Men's Cabled Golf CapNot only is this a stylish crochet hat pattern, but it'll keep the sun out of his eyes making it easier to follow his golf ball.
- Simple Baseball CapThis is a great gift idea for his birthday, for Father's Day, or just because. Use his favorite sport's team colors!
Crochet Scarf Patterns for Guys
When it comes to crochet gifts for men, few projects are easier than scarves. These men's scarf patterns are perfect for any man in your life (though, all patterns can easily be made for women, too!). No matter his style, you will find a pattern to whip up.
The best part about crochet scarves is that all the patterns are easy to customize. Use his favorite color in a yarn weight and type that he'll appreciate. Make it long, short, thick or thin. Whatever he needs, you can find a perfect pattern.
- He's the Man Crochet ScarfWhether you've got a hubby, boyfriend, father, or son, he'll appreciate the He's the Man Crochet Scarf.
- The Dude ScarfMake this for your favorite brother, cousin, dad, boyfriend, or brother-in-law. It's quick to work up and will keep him warm.
- Team Spirit Game Day Scarf PatternYou can customize the colored stripes of the scarf for whatever team he supports, whether it's professional or amateur.
- Unisex CowlBONUS! Dark winter colors make this scarf appropriate for either sex. However, it's a great free crochet pattern for a man.
Free Men Crochet Sweater Patterns
Every winter we see men and women walking around in their big, bulky sweaters. Although we don't really picture men in crocheted gear, it's quite possible and we've seen it. It's time to get more men into crochet designs to get the fantastic crochet patterns noticed.
What better way to get noticed then to crochet gifts for dad around the holidays? He can't say no to something you put so much time and effort into. Like all the patterns in this collection, these men's sweater crochet patterns are super fashionable and practical.
- Fisherman's Crocheted PulloverCrochet a sweater for that man in your life. Use this free crochet pattern which uses the classic fisherman stitch to keep him warm.
- Simple Sweater for HimBe sure to make this crochet sweater in his favorite color. Red Heart Super Tweed yarn is used for this simple sweater pattern.
- Striped PulloverUse his favorite colors for the stripes. He'll love the color scheme and he'll love sitting in front of the fire while he's wearing it.
- Big Man's Crochet SweaterBONUS! Use this free crochet pattern to make a nice sweater for your husband, son, or any man in your life.
Unexpected Crochet Gifts for Him
We all know how manly men like to rough it from sports to ties, to some of the most random items us women will never understand. With these birthday or Christmas crochet ideas, we can start to understand where they're coming from. After all, if the gift is homemade, they'll love it even more.
Each of these crochet gifts is small enough to be given as stocking stuffers if you need more ideas. Lots of golf accessories that will make him chuckle or a tie that will garner tons of attention from his friends and colleagues. He will love these unexpected gift ideas, we promise!
- All-American Golf Club CoversThese classic golf club covers work up quickly, so they're great to keep in mind for last-minute gifts.
- Tunisian Striped TieThe Tunisian Striped Tie is a great pattern to make for boys of all ages and can be customized using any color yarn.
- His Toilet Tissue CoverYour toilet paper will never be dull or boring ever again with this easy crochet pattern, created by Crochet 'N' More.
- Gopher Golf Club CoverThis cute gopher cover is sure to remind him of his favorite golf comedy, Caddyshack. It can be made in different sizes, too.
- Seventh Inning StretchThis crochet design is a fun take on traditional flag pennants. Use the colors of his favorite sports team.
- Bacon and Eggs PillowBONUS! This pillow is hilarious and will be a fitting addition to his favorite chair or spot on the couch.
Looking for more? You will find all you need and more with this massive list of free crochet patterns:
100 Favorites: How to Crochet Scarf Patterns, Crochet Afghans, Shawls and More
What are some of your ideas for crochet gifts for Dad or other men in your life?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie has got to be one of the best crochet baby blanket patterns you can find. It's the perfect size… Continue reading: "The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankievideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet