We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Give the golfer in your life a set of these All-American Golf Club Covers. This is a great homemade gift idea for a variety of special occasions including Father's Day, Christmas, and birthdays. Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn is used for this intermediate crochet pattern. It is a super bulky yarn made in the USA that's available in a variety of colors. These classic golf club covers work up quickly, so they're great to keep in mind for last-minute gifts.
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Hometown USA Yarn, 1 skein each:
135-098 Houston Cream (A)
135-108 Washington Denim (B)
135-126 Cleveland Brown (C)
135-113 Cincinnati Red (D)
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size N-13 (9 mm)
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
- Sewing needle and thread
8 sc + 9 rows = 4 in. (10 cm). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
sc2tog (sc 2 sts together) Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook - 1 st decreased.
1. Cover is worked in two sections. First, ribbing is worked back and forth in rows. The first and last rows of ribbing are then joined to make a tube. The head cover is worked in the round onto one end of the tube.
2. Before beginning the cover, work a chain as explained in Number Appliqué section. The chain will be shaped into a number and sewed to the cover.
3. To change color in the join of a rnd, insert hook in first st of rnd. Yarn over with new color and draw through st and through loop on hook to complete the join.
With B, ch 25.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across - 24 sc at the end of this row.
Rows 2-18: Ch 1, turn, working in back loops only, sc in each sc across.
Joining Row: Hold last row and foundation ch (at base of first row) together, working through both thicknesses, sl st in each st across to form a tube. Fasten off.
With C, make a ch about 10 in. (25.5 cm) long. Fasten off and set aside.
Join A with sl st in edge at one end of ribbing tube.
Rnd 1: Work 20 sc evenly spaced around edge of tube; join with sl st in first sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, *sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc - 25 sc at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in each sc around; join with sl st in first sc.
Rnd 4: Ch 1, *sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc - 30 sc at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in each sc around; join with sl st in first sc and change to D.
Rnds 6-10: With D, ch 1, sc in each sc around; join with sl st in first sc.
Change to A at end of Rnd 10.
Rnd 11: With A, sc in each sc around; join with sl st in first sc.
Rnd 12: Ch 1, *sc in next 4 sc, sc2tog; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc - 25 sc at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 13: Ch 1, sc in each sc around; join with sl st in first sc.
Arrange Number Appliqué chain, over Rounds 5-11, in shape of desired number.
Use crochet hook to draw ends of chain to WS.
With needle and thread, sew number in place and anchor the ends.
Rnd 14: Ch 1, *sc in next 3 sc, sc2tog; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc - 20 sc at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 15: Ch 1, *sc in next 2 sc, sc2tog; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc - 15 sc at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 16: Ch 1, *sc in next sc, sc2tog; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc - 10 sc at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 17: Ch 1, (sc2tog) around; join with sl st in first sc - 5 sc at the end of this rnd.
Fasten off, leaving a long tail. Thread tail through sts of last rnd and tighten to close opening.
ch(s) = chain(s)
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
st(s) = stitch(es)
rep = repeat(s)(ing)
RS = right side
sl st = slip stitch
See this design and others in 17 Crochet Gifts for Dad!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
The Adorable Woodland Hedgehog crochet amigurumi pattern is such a cute little friend to work up! Worked in the round with worsted… Continue reading: "Adorable Woodland Hedgehogvideocam"
- Men's Knit-Look Scarf
- 16 Free Masculine Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Brentwood Men's Pullover
- Tunisian Striped Tie
- Men's Chunky Hat and Scarf Set
- Golf Club Covers - Woodland Animals
- Perfect Crochet Golf Club Covers
- 23 Crochet Gifts for Dad
- 8 Free Crochet Men's Hat and Scarf Patterns
- All-American Golf Club Covers
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Tunisian Lacy Shells Shawl
- Quick And Easy Snowflake Ornament
- Jade And Roses
- Easy Split Skirt
- Harmony Poncho Pattern
- Vicki Roberts
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Florence Hexagon Blanket
- Witch Topsy-turvy Doll
- DIY Handheld Hummingbird Feeder
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters