8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
Deborah Birchall and Louise Fitzpatrick
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Deb and Louise are sisters who have been crafting together since they were both small girls living in a regional country town in Western Australia.
Louise was taught to knit at 6 by her Mum but Deb, being left-handed, was taught by her Dad who learned how to reverse right handed knitting so he could teach her. All of their spare time was spent making and knitting things - paper dolls, french knitting, latch hook rugs, dolls clothes, and even a school room from old boxes. This continued well into adulthood when they both had small children and would quilt together.
Before long, they found themselves on opposite sides of the world and their days of crafting together ceased. When they were finally back in the same country, albeit 3000 km’s apart, they decided having a blog would be the ideal way to keep crafting together.
Deb's work space is filled with a wide assortment of crafting tools, which perfectly reflects her varied interests. Primarily a knitter and crocheter, Deb has also been known to sew, weave, loom knit, embroider, and bead. Her patterns and tutorials are often for small projects, allowing both beginners and the time-poor crafter to participate in creative pursuits.
Louise has a love of yarn and fabric which she puts to good use spinning, knitting, and quilting. She likes to design her own knitwear and if that involves mastering new techniques, all the better. Sharing her designs via the blog brings immense satisfaction, especially if it inspires knitters to take their knitting to a new level by learning a new skill.
Together, Deb and Louise love creating and running their blog. It’s the perfect way to be a part of a much wider, global crafting community whilst staying in daily touch with each other.
Projects on AllFreeCrochet
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Aztec Striped Granny Square is fun crochet design that will look great by itself or as part of a larger crochet afghan pattern.… Continue reading: "Aztec Striped Granny Squarevideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn
- Vivo Top
- Cotton Candy Slipper Socks
- Take Me Everywhere Crochet Tote Bag
- Ocean Waves Halter Top
- Catherine Hat
- Mary Market Tote
- Mini Pom-Pom Crochet Gnome Pattern
- Cute Crescent Moon Crochet Pattern
- Amigurumi Cork - for Cork Gnomes
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet