This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Ripple Afghan For Beginners
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This ripple (chevron) afghan is a classic and was created specifically for beginners. My grandmother (and many others, I'm sure!) created afghans like this and this pattern was created in remembrance of her. Wrap yourself in your very own ripple throw blanket with this easy, beginner friendly pattern. You will need to know how to single crochet, double crochet and change colors. You will also need to know how to "dc3tog" (double crochet three together. Yarn over, insert hook into next stitch, yarn over, pull through stitch. Yarn over, pull through two loops on hook- two loops on hook. Repeat two more times until four loops are on hook. Yarn over, pull through all four loops.) Yarn used in this pattern is Lion Brand Pound of Love in medium (4) weight. Pattern is easy to follow once started and works up quickly. "
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge8 dc by 4 rows = approximately 2 inches x 2 inches
Finished SizeApproximately 47 inches wide and 60 inches long
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
All the monsters in your child's closet will disappear with these Hungry Shark Crochet Slippers. Despite the fact that they're shaped… Continue reading: "Hungry Shark Crochet Slippersvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Biscuit Blanket
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- Goat Soup Bowl Cozy
- Lion Soup Bowl Cozy
- Bear Soup Bowl Cozy
- Butterfly Kisses Baby Frock-simple Easy Pattern
- The Modern Tote Bag
- Mini Crochet Bear
- Savvy Muse Cowl
- Savvy Muse Beanie
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters