Mustard & Co Tunisian Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This project combines popular Tunisian crochet stitches, Tunisian purl and knit stitch, in a slightly unusual combination as they are crocheted diagonally from corner to corner rather than in the most common way in straight rows. Together, they create a striking texture while giving the final project a very warm and cosy feel. The blanket is sized for toddler/small child; however it can be easily adjusted for smaller/bigger sizes by either using lighter/heavier weight yarn or reducing/adding stitch pattern row repeats. "
Below, I list possible alternatives to the yarn used for this project as this is only available from one online seller in the UK. Please note, that it is always necessary to swatch before starting a project to check the gauge to ensure your final project is as you had expected it to be.
Caron Simply Soft (100% Acrylic | Aran | 170.1 g (6 oz) = 288 m (315 yds)), #9782 Gold (MC) 3 skeins, #9762 Burgundy (CC1) 1 skein, #9608 Blue Mint (CC2) 1 skein
Caron Simply Soft Heathers ((100% Acrylic | Aran | 141.7 g (5 oz) = 228 m (249 yds yds)), #9509 Grey Heather (CC3) 1 skein
Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran (100% Acrylic | Aran/ 10-Ply | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 184 m (201 yds)), #223 Mustard Yellow (MC) 5 skeins, #215 Red Wine (CC1) 2 skeins, #233 Marine Blue (CC2) 1 skein, #204 Stormy Grey (CC3) 2 skeins
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge: 13 sts x 13 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) measured diagonally over the stitch pattern
Finished Size110 cm x 108 cm (approx. 43.25 x 42.5 in)
- Women’s Institute Soft and Smooth Aran (available exclusively from Hobbycraft) (100% Acrylic | Aran | 400 g (14.1 oz) = 660 m (722 yds)), Mustard (MC) 2 skeins (approx. 500 g), Plum (CC1) 1 skein (approx. 155 g), Teal (CC2) 1 skein (approx. 100 g), Light Grey (CC3) 1 skein (approx. 120 g)
- Tunisian crochet hook size 7 mm with cable (at least 100 cm (40 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Crochet hook size 6 mm (J-10) for border
- Tapestry needle
- A piece of cardboard to make tassels
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
This crochet pattern will transport you back over 50 years in time! You'll go slack-jawed over the 1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan… Continue reading: "1941 Shell Stitch Crochet Cardigan Patternvideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters