Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This simply sophisticated scarlet crochet throw uses the double, single, and chain stitches to complete. Crochet this beautiful heirloom blanket for yourself or to give as a treasured gift. This blanket works up to look complicated; however, it is not as hard as you may think. The crochet stitches create a light and lacy and work up so intricately with such care. Even a light covering like this one will keep you warm. This crochet pattern combines the look of crochet shell stitches with the open look of a windowpane. While this was used for this Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw today, I think a bit of resizing would make this a lovely lacy crochet shawl. Actually, the cotton yarn makes this throw even lighter and when paired with the lace crochet stitches, it is light enough to wind up into a lovely circle. Poppy Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend 5 skeins, approximately 1,960 yards. Size I Crochet Hook"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 stitches per 4 inches. The crochet pattern is worked in multiples of 12 plus 9. If you are not familiar with this it means. The beginning chain of 141 stitches consists of 12 X 11= 132 + 9 = 141.
Finished SizeThis blanket is long at approximately 81 inches without the fringe. I have family members that are over six-foot tall, and they appreciate longer blankets. The width is approximately 42 inches. The fringe has been trimmed to approximately 6 ½ inches.
- Poppy Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend 5 skeins, approximately 1,960 yards.
- Size I Crochet Hook
- yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Get ready for the best accessory of the season with this Extra Special Summer Lace Scarf. If you've always wanted to crochet with lace… Continue reading: "Extra Special Summer Lace Scarfvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- C2c Reindeer
- Tea Spa Crochet Mug Rug
- Crochet Robin Bauble
- Crochet Yarn Angel Ornament
- Westmount Unisex Crochet Slippers
- Snowman In Stitches Wreath
- Totally Tweed Toque
- Christmas Tree Scrubby Dishcloth
- Funky Chunky Headband
- Bernat Blanket Yarn Pocket Shawl
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters