Add a pretty pop of color to your bathroom with the eye-catching Ixora Washcloth. The lovely and unique texture of this easy crochet washcloth pattern is created using a combination of chains and extended half double crochet stitches. This pattern is simple to work up for anyone with a little bit of crochet experience, but the special stitch combination results in a piece that looks way more complex than it actually is. Stitch up this washcloth using cotton yarn for a durable (and washable) project you'll find yourself using over and over again.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeNot necessary. Cloth should be measuring approximately 10” across.
Finished Size10” x 10”
- 80 yards worsted weight (#4) cotton yarn
- I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook
- Measuring tape
- Yarn needle
This pattern is part of AllFreeCrochet's 10th Birthday Celebration! Find more great new patterns and exclusive giveaways here:AllFreeCrochet’s 10th Birthday Celebration
Stitches Needed & Abbreviations
- st(s) – stitch(es) ch(s) – chain(s)
- ehdc – extended half double crochet - yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through one loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through all 3 loops.
- ** - repeat from
- () – working into one stitch
- Starting chain 1 does not count as first stitch.
- Pattern is worked in a multiple of 2 + 2.
Row 1: 1 ehdc in 2nd ch from hook, skip 1 ch, *(ehdc, ch 1, ehdc) in next ch, skip 1 ch*, repeat from * to last st, 1 ehdc in last st. (28 ehdc)
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, ehdc in 1st st, *(ehdc, ch 1, ehdc) in next ch-1 space*, repeat from * to last st, 1 ehdc in last st. (28 ehdc)
Rows 3-18: Repeat row 2.
Optional trim: Work 1 round of sc evenly around entire washcloth, Join to first st.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Read NextStar Motif