Slip Stitch Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"In this step by step crochet tutorial for beginners, I am going to show you how to make a slip knot for crochet. A slip knot is a popular type of knot that creates an adjustable loop that can be placed around a crochet hook and tightened. It is often used as the starting point for crochet because it becomes the first loop on your hook. Slip knots are the starting point for most crochet patterns. "
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeThere is no gauge for this tutorial.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Every woman deserves an Unforgettable Top Down Shawl in her closet. Begin crocheting this free crochet pattern at the center top and… Continue reading: "Unforgettable Top Down Shawlvideocam"
- 20+ Basic Crochet Stitches
- 30+ Crochet Border Patterns
- How to Crochet for Beginners
- How to Crochet a Magic Ring
- 28 Tunisian Crochet Patterns
- 85+ Crochet Videos for Beginners
- Crochet for Beginners Guide
- How to Read Crochet Diagrams
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns Free eBook
- Sirtaki Relief Crochet Stitch
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Pretty In Pink Elephant Lovey
- Clustered V-st Crochet Preemie Blanket Pattern
- Ice Cream - Easy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Boxed Bead Koozie
- Zayd The Boy Crochet Doll
- Zoya Amigurumi Mermaid
- Power Of Positivity Prayer Flags
- Harry The Spider
- Ice Cream Ripple Scarf
- Knit Look Bow
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters