Red Rose Slippers
Rest your feet in a pair of these cozy Red Rose Slippers. This is a beginner slipper pattern to work up using a single skein of Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Crochet your other projects in style while relaxing and wearing a pair of these cozy slippers. Your feet are sure to stay warm and cozy as you catch up on some much-needed rest. There are a few different sizes available to choose from. Crocheted roses add a delicate, feminine touch.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein 319 Cherry Red
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
SIZE: Directions are for size Small. Changes for sizes Medium and Large are in parentheses.
GAUGE: 9 dc = 4”; and 6 rows = 4”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge given.
ABBREVIATIONS: ch = chain; dc = double crochet ;mm = millimeters; rep = repeat; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified; * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
NOTE: Leave long tails at the beginning and end of each piece to use for finishing.
First Side and Sole:
- Row 1: Ch 23 (25, 27) dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across, turn—21 (23, 25) sts.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), dc across, turn—21 (23, 25) sts.
- Rows 3-8: Rep Row 2.
- Row 9-12: Ch 3, dc in next 8 (10, 12) sts, turn— 9 (11, 13) sts
- Row 13: Ch 3, dc across in each dc across, ch 14, turn.
Second Side and Sole:
- Row 14: Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each st across, turn—21 (23, 25) sts.
- Row 15-21: Repeat Row 2. Fasten off at the end of Row 21.
- Place instep on top of foot and wrap sides around foot, overlapping sole layers.
- Pin layers together. Sew each side of sole to sides of slipper.
- Gather stitches at toe. Sew heel seam.
- With RS facing, join yarn at top of heel seam, sc in each st around opening, working 2 sc into the ends of the rows across instep, join with slip st in to first sc.
- Make loop: Ch 10, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off.
- Sew end of loop to top of heel seam and weave in ends.
Flower (make 2):
- Ch 18, [dc, ch 3, slip st, (ch 3, dc, ch 3, slip st) 2 times] in 4th ch from hook, [slip st, ch 3, dc, ch 3, slip st] in each remaining ch—17 petals.
- Starting with the first 3 petals, spiral the petals around in 3 layers. Tack the layers together and sew to instep of slipper.