Pound Puppy Crochet Slippers
These insanely cute Pound Puppy Crochet Slippers will definitely soon become your kid's favorite slippers. Whether or not your family has a real dog, these precious little puppy slippers will definitely make it feel like there's a new member in the family. This easy crochet pattern by Bernat is designed to fit children's shoe sizes. Two different sizes are available to choose from. Black buttons are used to create those precious puppy dog eyes.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 sc and 13 rows = 4" [10 cm]
Finished SizeSIZE To fit child’s shoe sizes: 3/4 (5/6) Finished foot length: 3/4: 7½" [19 cm] 5/6: 9" [23 cm]
Phentex Craft & Slipper Yarn by Bernat (3 oz/85 g; 164 yds/150 m). 1 ball each:
- Main Color (MC) Cream (01008)
- Contrast A Brown (01013)
- Contrast B White (00101)
- Size U.S. H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- 4 small black buttons
- Yarn needle
The instructions are written for smaller size. If changes are necessary for larger size, the instructions will be written thus ( ).
Note: Join all rnds with sl st to first sc.
With MC, ch 2.
1st rnd: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join. 6 sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 2 sc in each sc around. Join. 12 sc.
3rd rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join. 18 sc.
4th rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Join.
5th rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 2 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join. 24 sc.
6th rnd: As 4th rnd.
Size 5/6 only: 7th rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 5 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join. 28 sc.
Both sizes: Next rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Join. Place marker at end of rnd.
Rep last rnd until work from marker measures 1½" (4 cm) [2" (5 cm)].
Shape front opening:
- 1st row: Ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each of next 19 (21) sc. Sctog. Turn. Leave rem 5 ( 3) sts unworked. 21 (23) sts.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sts. Sc2tog. Turn. 19 (21) sts.
- 3rd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn.
- Rep last row for 3" (7.5 cm) [4" (10 cm)], ending with a WS row.
Shape heel flap:
- Next 2 rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to last 7 sc. Turn. Leave rem sts unworked. 5 (7) sc rem at end of 2nd row.
- 3rd row: Ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sts. Sc2tog. Turn.
- 4th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn.
- Rep last 2 rows 0 (1) time more. 3 sts rem.
- Work 4 (2) rows even.
- Next row: Ch 1. Sc3tog. Fasten off. Sew side seams of heel to body of Slipper.
With RS of work facing, join yarn with sl st at back heel seam. Ch 1. Work in sc around. Join. Fasten off.
(make 2 each with MC and B)
- Ch 5.
- 1st row: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch to end of chain. Turn. 4 sc.
- 2nd to 11th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn.
- 12th row: Ch 1. (Sc2tog) twice. Turn. 2 sc.
- 13th row: Ch 1. Sc2tog. Fasten off.
Bottom Eye Patch
- With A, ch 4.
- 1st rnd: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in next ch. 3 sc in last ch. Do not turn. Working into rem loops of foundation ch, 1 sc in next ch. 2 sc in last ch. Join. 8 sc.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 1. 2 sc in same sp as sl st. 1 sc in next sc. 2 sc in each of next 3 sc. 1 sc in each of next 2 sc. 2 sc in each of next 2 sc. Join. 14 sc.
- 3rd rnd: Ch 1. 2 sc in same sp as sl st. 1 sc in each of next 3 sc. 2 sc in each of next 4 sc. 1 sc in each of next 3 sc. 2 sc in each of next 3 sc. Join. 22 sc. Fasten off.
Top Eye Patch
- With B, ch 2.
- 1st rnd: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 1. 2 sc in each sc around. Join. 12 sc.
- Fasten off.
With A, ch 3.
- 1st row: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in next ch. Turn. 2 sc.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. 2 sc each of next 2 sc. Turn. 4 sc.
- 3rd row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each of next 2 sc. 2 sc in last sc. 6 sc.
- Fasten off.
With WS of MC and B Ears tog, join MC with sl st to bottom right corner. Ch 1. Working through both thicknesses, work 1 rnd of sc around. Join. Fasten off.
Sew Ears, Eyes (Buttons) and Nose in position.
Read NextSixty Minute Crochet Slippers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
smileydeesjays 268 1988
Feb 07, 2020
I was all the way to the end when I realized there is an error in the pattern. It was way too small for a size 5/6. Where it reads for " Size 3/4 only" it should read 5/6 only . Who ever made the pattern is increasing for a larger size. I had to take it all out and start over from rnd 6.
Feb 21, 2020
Hi smileydeesjays 268 1988, we're sorry for the error in the pattern. It has now been corrected. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience! - Editors of AllFreeCrochet
Mar 08, 2017
Oh, I remember the Pound Puppy craze back in the day. These little puppy slippers remind me so much of the one that I adopted. I am not familiar with Pehntex slipper yarn. Exactly what is it and how is it different from just regular yarn. I dont remember ever seeing it in any of my local stores. Where could this be purchased?
Dec 17, 2016
How can you look at this and not want to make it ? That face is precious. My grand kids will love getting them. And I can change colors and each one will get a different one. I know they will be thrilled and since the pattern is easy I will be thrilled to make them.
Nov 18, 2016
Tried this craft? What did you think?
dcumberledge 80978 97
May 10, 2016
I've reached the end of one slipper and can't figure out how it all fits together. Is there a video tutorial I could view?
Mar 16, 2016
These are cute. Anyone have any idea how to adjust this pattern for larger sizes? My niece who is an adult would love a pair, but I don't know how to enlarge. Any help would be appreciated!
Mar 03, 2015
NOT CHILDREN'S. I was so excited to find this pattern because it said child's size 3/4 and I was looking for slippers to make for my 8yo. I'm about halfway through the 1st one, tried it on her and it's WAY too small!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crocheters! Right now!
- Get free crochet patterns, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use