Easy Slipper Socks
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"These quick & easy cosy crochet socks are made out of aran weight yarn, they’ll be comfy in wellies but probably not your posh shoes. Splodge some of that sticky stuff on the soles so that they turn into non-slip slipper socks. Easy to adjust to different sizes, a few choices are given in the pattern. Made from the toe up. Try contrast colours on the toe and heel! It might be best to go for a yarn that isn't 100% wool as they will wear faster. This pattern is written in UK terms. See below for US equivalents."
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished SizeSmall, Medium (UK 5/6 (US 7/8, EU 38/39), and Large
- aran weight yarn - Leader of the Pac (90% acrylic, 10% alpaca), aran weight (170m per 100g).
- BPtr = back post treble (US BPdc)
- Ch = chain
- Ch-sp = chain space
- Dc = double crochet (US single crochet)
- Dec = decrease
- FPtr = front post treble (US FPdc)
- Htr = half treble (US half double crochet)
- Inc = increase
- Rep = repeat
- St(s) = stitch(es)
- Tr = treble (US double crochet)
- The pattern is worked toe up
- The pattern is worked in the round
- The heel is a reverse of the toe rows
- The pattern is written is UK terms (see abbreviations for US equivalents)
- A stitch marker may be useful to mark the beginning of rounds
- You might want to go down half a hook size to make the cuff for a better fit
Toe and Foot:
With main colour Chain 7
Rnd 1: 1dc in 2nd ch from hook, 1dc along to end, turn and work 6dc down other side of ch. [12st]
Rnd 2: 1dc, 1 inc, [1dc in next 2 st, 1 inc] three times, 1dc. 
Rnd 3: 1dc, 1 inc, 4dc, 1 inc, 2dc, 1 inc, 4dc, 1 inc, 1dc. 
Rnd 4: 1dc, 1 inc, 6dc, 1 inc, 2dc, 1 inc, 6dc, 1 inc, 1dc. 
Rnd 5: dc around
Rnd 6: 1dc, 1 inc, 8dc, 1 inc, 2dc, 1 inc, 8dc, 1 inc, 1dc. 
For Small size go to Rnd 11
Rnd 7: dc around
Rnd 8: 1dc, 1 inc, 10dc, 1 inc, 2dc, 1 inc, 10dc, 1 inc, 1dc. 
For Medium go to Rnd 11
Rnd 9: dc around
Rnd 10: 1dc, 1 inc, 12dc, 1 inc, 2dc, 1 inc, 12dc, 1 inc, 1dc. 
Change colour if desired.
Rnd 11: Htr in the round.
Place stitch marker in first st, this will guide you when it comes to the ankle. Continue to work htr sts around until place where the heel will start (you will need to measure your foot for accuracy.
From the first round of htr sts to the heel start I measured 12cm for Medium
Begin at the sock side (align with toe and stitch marker) 14, 16, 18 htr, ch 14 (16, 18), miss 14 (16, 18) sts and rejoin with a htr in next st, continue htr st until desired length (from this point mine measure 16cm including contrast colours). Slip stitch in final st and fasten off.
Rnd 1: 2ch (does not count as a st), 1 tr in same st, 1tr around, join with a slip st to the first st. [28, 32, 26]
Rnd 2: 2ch, *1FPtr, 1BPtr; rep from * around, join with a slip st to the first st.
Rnd 3: Repeat Rnd 2. Fasten off.
Join yarn to one corner of the heel space 28 (32, 36) sts around.
Go to Rnd 1 for Large, Rnd 3 for Medium, Rnd 5 for Small
Rnd 1: 1dc, 1 dec, 12dc, 1 dec, 2dc, 1 dec, 12dc, 1 dec, 1dc. 
Rnd 2: dc around
Rnd 3: 1dc, 1 dec, 10dc, 1 dec, 2dc, 1 dec, 10dc, 1 dec, 1dc. 
Rnd 4: dc around
Rnd 5: 1dc, 1 dec, 8dc, 1 dec, 2dc, 1 dec, 8dc, 1 dec, 1dc. 
Rnd 6: dc around
Rnd 7: 1dc, 1 dec, 6dc, 1 dec, 2dc, 1 dec, 6dc, 1 dec, 1dc. 
Rnd 8: 1dc, 1 dec, 4dc, 1 dec, 2dc, 1 dec, 4dc, 1 dec, 1dc. 
Rnd 9: 1dc, [1 dec, 2dc] three times, 1 dec, 1dc. 
Turn inside out a sew gap of heel closed and sew in ends.
Copyright Rosina Northcott. 2018. zeensandroger.wordpress.com This pattern remains the property of Rosina Northcott/Zeens and Roger at all times and is for your own personal use only. Please respect my work and do not copy, reproduce, redistribute or re-sell this pattern.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Are you ready for a lazy day of crocheting? Then you're going to want to see this Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanket. This is an easy mile… Continue reading: "Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanketvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Christmas Snowflakes Afghan Free Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Twisted Headband
- Modern Striped Towel Topper
- Crochet Witch Hat Mug Rug
- Cushy Cube Storage Bin
- Gnome Pillow Draft Dodger
- Easy Crochet Potholder
- Granny Square Dishcloth
- Tapestry Basket Wave
- Tapestry Crochet Zipper Pouch Butterfly
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters