We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Drape yourself in love this Valentine's Day with this Cherry Hearts Prayer Shawl pattern. The shell stitches that make up this crochet prayer shawl create a loving pattern that reminds you of hearts. It's also a larger shawl than most, so it really brings in the warmth and is a great spring wearable. Drape it over a turtleneck for chillier days, or just wear a loose tank underneath as it starts to get warmer. This would make a wonderful gift for friends this Valentine's Day to remind them how much you care.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge3 shells (15 sts) = 4"; 5 rows of shells = 4"
Finished SizeShawl measures 24" from neck to bottom.
- Red Heart Super Saver: 3 skeins of 319 Cherry Red
- Crochet Hook: J/10 (6 mm)
- Yarn Needle
Prayer shawl crochet patterns are the greatest gift you can give someone who is having a tough time in life or someone who is recovering from a serious surgery or unfortunate illness and they just need a "pick me up": 15 Prayer Shawl Patterns
Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook (counts as dc, ch 1, dc), * ch 1, dc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch; [ch 1, dc] twice all in last ch; turn – 15 dc.
Row 2 (Right Side): Ch 3, (counts as dc), * 2 dc in next space, dc in next dc; repeat from * to last space; 2 dc in last space, dc in 3rd ch of ch-4; turn – 43 dc.
Row 3: Ch 4, dc in first dc, * ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next dc; repeat from * across working last dc in top of ch-3; turn – 23 dc.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2 – 67 dc.
Row 5: Ch 4, skip first 2 dc, * dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc; repeat from * to last st; dc in top of ch-3; turn – 34 dc.
Row 6: Ch 3, cluster in first ch-1 space, * ch 1, cluster in next ch-1 space; repeat from * to last st; dc in 3rd ch of ch-4; turn – 33 clusters.
Row 7: Ch 3 (counts as hdc, ch 1), * [hdc in next ch-1 space, ch 1] twice **, (hdc, ch 1, hdc) all in next ch-1 space, ch 1; repeat from * to last st, end at **; hdc in top of ch-3; turn – 44 hdc.
Row 8: Ch 3, skip ch-1 space, * shell in next ch-1 space, skip next ch-1 space; repeat from * to last st; dc in 2nd ch of ch-3; turn – 21 shells.
Row 9: Ch 3, * shell over shell; repeat from * to last st; dc in top of ch-3; turn.
Rows 10 and 11: Ch 3, * shell over shell **, ch 1; repeat from * to last st, end at **; dc in top of ch-3; turn.
Rows 12-14: Ch 3, * shell over shell **, ch 2; repeat from * to last st, end at **; dc in top of ch-3; turn.
Row 15: Ch 1, sc in first dc, * ch 1, skip dc, sc in next dc, ch 1, skip ch-1 space, sc in next dc, ch 1 **, skip dc, sc in ch-2 space; repeat from * to last st, end at **; dc in top of ch-3; turn.
Row 16: Repeat Row 6 – 63 clusters.
Row 17: Repeat Row 7 – 84 hdc.
Rows 18-24: Repeat Rows 8-14 – 41 shells.
Row 25: Repeat Row 15.
Row 26: Repeat Row 6 – 123 clusters.
Row 27: Repeat Row 7 – 164 hdc.
Rows 28-34: Repeat Rows 8-14 – 81 shells.
Rnd 1: With right side facing, * sc in next st or space, ch 1, skip next st or space; repeat from * around working (sc, ch 1, sc) all in each corner; join with a slip st in first sc; turn.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, * sc in next ch-1 space, ch 1, skip sc; repeat from * around working (sc, ch 1, sc) all in each corner; join; turn.
Rnd 3: Ch 1, slip st in first sc, * ch 1, skip sc, slip st loosely in next ch-1 space; repeat from * around. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
- (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) all in same space.
- Shell over shell
- shell in the ch-1 space of shell below.
- [yarn over and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops] 3 times all in same space, yarn over and draw through 3 loops, yarn over and draw through last 2 loops.
Free crochet shawl patterns can be made and worn all year-round. They can be worn under heavy coats or they can be worn over tank tops to complete an outfit. Shawls come in all crochet colors and designs, perfect for showing off your fashion sense. Here you can find all the free crochet shawl patterns you want: 30+ Free Crochet Patterns for Shawls, Ponchos, & Wraps
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
The season of fall makes things like pumpkin lattes and falling leaves incredibly popular. If you want your style to stand out this… Continue reading: "Autumn Butterfly Cardiganvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Christmas Stocking Ornaments
- Crochet Pumpkin Coaster
- Santa & Reindeer Night Before Christmas C2C Graphgan
- Purple Sparkle Scarf
- Autumn Afghan
- Traveling Vine Crochet Cable Shawl
- Thanksgiving Turkey Gnome
- Modern Heirloom Blanket
- Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holders
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet