This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Snap Closure Glasses Case
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Do you wear glasses? Whether you are like me and have aging eyes, have worn glasses most of your life or just protect your eyes from the sun, it is fun to have a cute handmade eye glasses case. Add a fun snap closer and our favorite craft of crochet, and you’ve got a perfect afternoon project. Learn a fun crochet stitch along with how to make a unique snap closure case for your glasses today!"
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is very important when crocheting. However, in this design I will give you measurements to follow. Use these measurements to get the correct size of your finished glasses case.
Finished Size3” opening and 7″ long, but instructions will allow you to customize the shape to fit any glasses
Crochet Hook size G (4.00 mm)
Crochet Hook size H (5.00 mm)
- Light Weight Yarn (#3) I used about 100 yards. In the sample shown, I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Style yarn
- Metal Tape Measure – Tape should be ¾” wide (use an old one that you can re-purpose/upcycle if possible)
- Tape – electrical tape is best, but duct tape or packaging tape will also work
- Tin Snips or Old Scissors (cutting may dull the edges so don’t use your best pair)
- Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Fortune's Crochet Shawlette was inspired by the corner to corner stitch, aka the diagonal box stitch. This twist on the stitch creates… Continue reading: "Fortune's Crochet Shawlettevideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters