This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Snap Closure Glasses Case
"Do you wear glasses? Whether you are like me and have aging eyes, have worn glasses most of your life or just protect your eyes from the sun, it is fun to have a cute handmade eye glasses case. Add a fun snap closer and our favorite craft of crochet, and you’ve got a perfect afternoon project. Learn a fun crochet stitch along with how to make a unique snap closure case for your glasses today!"
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook, H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is very important when crocheting. However, in this design I will give you measurements to follow. Use these measurements to get the correct size of your finished glasses case.
Finished Size3” opening and 7″ long, but instructions will allow you to customize the shape to fit any glasses
Crochet Hook size G (4.00 mm)
Crochet Hook size H (5.00 mm)
- Light Weight Yarn (#3) I used about 100 yards. In the sample shown, I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Style yarn
- Metal Tape Measure – Tape should be ¾” wide (use an old one that you can re-purpose/upcycle if possible)
- Tape – electrical tape is best, but duct tape or packaging tape will also work
- Tin Snips or Old Scissors (cutting may dull the edges so don’t use your best pair)
- Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle
Read NextSimple Basket