Double Brim Chevron Beanie
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"DESCRIPTION A slouchy, cozy, lightweight beanie with a lovely chevron pattern and double brim. This quick and easy design will keep you warm and stylish! The lightweight merino wool yarn makes for a soft and comfy beanie and the stripes bring out the beautiful chevron design. This beanie is made by creating a rectangle and then seaming the brim on and sewing the top closed. Finally, an optional pompom can be added on the top! This beanie is meant to fit loose and ‘slouchy;’ if you do not want a loose fit, there are directions for how to make a standard beanie, as well. MATERIALS Whims Merino Crochet Yarn (Weight: 3/light – 3.5 oz/196 yd): one skein each in light grey, purple and blue, pattern uses roughly one entire skein of light grey and half of each purple and blue skein. Total yards needed: size small: ~250 yards, size medium: ~300 yards, size large: ~350 yards. Size G (4.0 mm) crochet hook – I have recently begun using Furls Crochet hooks and have seen immediate relief from the hand pain that used to bother me. I am an affiliate of Furls Crochet and am so proud to represent their quality products. ABBREVIATIONS ch: chain st: stitch sl st: slip stitch dc: double crochet dc3tog: *yarn over, insert your hook into the next st, yo, pull up a loop, yo pull through two loops. Repeat from * two more times. Yo pull through all four loops."
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge4” by 4” square = 18 st by 9 rows of dc with size G (4.0 mm) crochet hook
Finished SizeThe pattern is available in adult sizes small (~21 inches in circumference), medium (~22 inches in circumference), and large (~23 inches in circumference).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Gingham Bunny Placemat
- C2c Squirrel
- Ziggy The Zebra
- Bella The Butterfly Rattle
- Cutie Bear Doll Hat
- Sugar Plum Pocket Wrap
- Boho Fringe Coasters
- Circle Of Friends Crochet Square
- Earth Day Crochet Doily
- 3 Skein Crochet Projects (23 Free Patterns)
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters