Grandiose Doily Part 1
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This is the first of three parts of Grandiose Doily. I love mandalas and doilies. I always say that I do not have the patience to crochet lace items. Instead of lace, I love using light fingering embroidery threads such as 100% acryllic etamine. I love the neon colors that brands have. The best thing about mandala doilies is that I can stop at any round or add rounds as many as I want and it won't look uncomplete or odd.The pattern here consist of 29 rounds of which one is a motif round. Skill level is advanced beginner/intermediate. This is a clearly written and easy to follow pattern. If you experience difficulty with stitch knowledge I advise you to check youtube. Size is 37 cm in diameter and I plan to go up to a nice size for standard rectangle table. Your tension will determine things like hook size, yardage, finished size, and height of stitches. I used a size 1.5 mm hook. This pattern contains instructions written in standard American crochet terminology, in English language. No other versions of the pattern are available (no graphs, videos or translations.) "
Notes In terms of yarn brand I use Rüya Etamin ipi 20 gr. You can find most of the colors, which I listed, online. Rüya has a rich selection of neon and hot colors. If you have difficulty finding this brand, you can use Kartopu instead of Rüya because you can find the same exact shade of color. I haven't used any other brands so I can't suggest them but I know Kartopu and Rüya feels and looks the same. These are very inexpensive but I would also like to point out Ören Bayan as another brand if you are looking to get some very high quality yarns.
Crochet Hook8 or 1.5 mm hook (steel)
Yarn Weight(2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is not important
Finished Size37 cm
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Emilia Ear Warmer
- Penelope Sideways Shawl
- Mountain Hideaway Throw
- Crochet Snowman Christmas Dog Bandana And Headband
- Crochet Sanitizer Cozy
- Picture Wreath Ornament
- Crochet Christmas Tree Potholder
- Picot Flower Doily Coaster
- Windy Day Head Scarf
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters