8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I've always been a crafter. I ran a successful quilting website for 5+ years in my early 20s.
In 2011, I became homeless. While staying with a friend, I had a lot of time on my hands while my (at the time) significant other was working to get us on our feet again. So I spent that time trying not to worry or stress-instead teaching myself to crochet.
I had a 5mm/H8 crochet hook and only 3 skeins of very rough Red Heart yarn. I chained and chained until I got it just right. Then I made square after square of single crochet rows, unraveled, and made them again until I got them just right, too. I repeated the process with double crochets.
Once I felt more confident in my workmanship, I began reading patterns and trying them out. After I made my first granny square blanket in August 2011, I decided to start a blog and share my creations- thus Missed Stitches was born!
The name 'Missed Stitches' is derived from my practicing days of always missing the stitch in the turning rows and making my edges get smaller and smaller! Now, I love to create new patterns and inspire other crocheters to create, create, create!
Projects on AllFreeCrochet
- 30 Minute Potholder
- Block Party Baby Blanket
- Coral Reef Baby Blanket
- Crochet in the Sky with Diamonds Afghan
- Durable Dish Cloths
- Effortless Baby Afghan
- Heavenly Blue Crochet Placemat
- Joyful Easter Lovey
- Light and Lacy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Pastel Heaven Baby Blanket
- Patriotic Place Mats
- Reversible Ripple Baby Blanket
- Shells and Stripes Crochet Blanket
- Spring Fling Granny Square Blanket
- Turtle Shell Lapghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn
- Vivo Top
- Cotton Candy Slipper Socks
- Take Me Everywhere Crochet Tote Bag
- Ocean Waves Halter Top
- Catherine Hat
- Mary Market Tote
- Mini Pom-Pom Crochet Gnome Pattern
- Cute Crescent Moon Crochet Pattern
- Amigurumi Cork - for Cork Gnomes
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet