Paula Gaumer Tooke
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Paula Gaumer Tooke is a retired middle school teacher, 34 years in 6th grade and middle schools. During her years in the classroom, there was very little time for crochet. She took up cross stitch, except for special occasions.
Paula learned how to crochet when she was in 4th grade. She didn’t crochet anything until her senior year in high school. She wanted a ripple afghan to take to college. She found a kit for a blue one, her favorite color, and started it.
While in college, crocheting was, again, on the back burner. But, when Paula found out a few years after college that she was going to become an aunt, out came the hooks and she started making baby sweaters.
Throughout her teaching career, she would pick up her crochet hooks when anyone she was close to had a baby. If they were real close, they received a full sized granny square afghan. If just a friend, usually a sweater and a bonnet.
Upon retirement, her husband and she moved from North Central Indiana to Western New York. Out of necessity, 5 babies due in 5 months, Paula returned to crocheting and has re-fallen in love with it. She also returned to her roots in cross stitch and has now become a designer in both crochet and cross stitch.
The FUrBabies Momma- Crochet and Cross Stitch Patterns
FurBaby Stitching- Cross stitch patterns and projects
It's a Smalls World- Dedicated to those people who like to make and display their cross stitch smalls.
Patterns on AllFreeCrochet
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Are you ready for a lazy day of crocheting? Then you're going to want to see this Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanket. This is an easy mile… Continue reading: "Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanketvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Year Of The Tiger Granny Square
- Aria Hoodie
- Rustic Crochet Jute Bag How To Crochet With Jute Twine Cord
- Herringbone Moss Mittens
- Elkhorn Neck Warmer
- Into The Sunset Crochet Mittens
- Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Crochet Bow Crop Top
- Learn The Tunisian Crochet Simple Stitch
- Valentine Gift Bag
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters