Grandma's Scrap Thread Dish/Wash Cloth
By: Paula Gaumer Tooke
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This free crochet pattern uses scrap yarn making it an easy project to put together. Grandma's Scrap Thread Dish/Wash Cloth uses crochet thread and the double crochet stitch. If you have leftover yarn this is a great pattern!
Crochet Hook: E/4 or 3.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (0) Lace (33-40 stitches to 4 inches). Includes crochet thread.
- Crochet Thread #3
- Crochet Hook: E
- Tapestry/Yarn Needle
ch - chain RS – right side st - stitch
dc – double crochet sc – single crochet sl st – slip stitch
1. I needed to use up some left over #3 thread. This dish/wash cloth was made to honor my grandma who ALWAYS had a crochet hook in her hand to work on her dishcloths.
2. When you look closely, you can see that I joined the brown about 12 sts into the row when I ran out of green.
3. The green edging came from a fuller left over thread.
4. This is a PERFECT way to use up Edging: left over size 3 and 5 threads. Working on the RS, join thread in the middle st on the bottom of the cloth.
Round 1: Ch 3, dc in each st around and
Row 1: Ch 50, sc in 2nd ch and everyone 4 dc in each corner. Sl st to beginning ch 3. to the beginning, ch 3, turn (48 sc)
Round 2: Ch 3, dc in each st around and
Row 2- 24: Dc in same sp, *ch 1, sk 1, dc 4 dc in each corner. Sl st to beginning ch 3. in next st,* repeat from * to * across, ch 3, turn. (24 dc, 24 ch-1 sps) Round 3: Ch 1, sl st into each dc around, sl st to beginning ch 1 and fasten off.
Row 25: Repeat Row 2 but Fasten Off at and no ch 3 at the end of the row. Weave in all lose threads.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband