Top 10 Yarn Brands
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
When it comes time to pick a yarn for your next crochet pattern, it can sometimes be a bit stressful. The yarn aisle (or sometimes aisles- plural!) can be an exhilarating, yet overwhelming place. There are lots of different yarn brands to choose from, endless color options, and different yarn weights-- all at different price points.
In order to help make the decision process easier for you, (and so that you don't feel like a deer in headlights next time you visit the yarn store), we've broken things down for you just a bit. We've narrowed down our top 10 yarn brands based on various factors including yarn variety, quality, price, and selection. In no order of importance, you can find our list below.
Plus, have you ever tried crocheting without yarn? That's right-- you don't always need a skein of yarn to work up that pretty crocheted necklace, or that trendy crochet rug. Check out our article on how to crochet without yarn for a handful of unconventional crochet ideas.
Most Popular Yarn Brands
- Red Heart: Known as "America's Favorite Yarn" and one of the most trusted companies, Red Heart has a huge selection to choose from (in terms of both available yarn types and color options), and they can be found in most craft and yarn stores, as well as online. Plus, check out their website for free knit and crochet patterns.
- Lion Brand: A family owned and operated company since 1878, Lion Brand known for their quality yarns, helpful pattern support, and wide variety of yarns. Also, together with spokesperson Vanna White, Lion Brand is a supporter of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, donating more than $1 million dollars based on the sales of their widely popular yarn lines, Vanna's Choice, Vanna's Choice Baby, and Vanna's Glamour.
- Yarnspirations: The parent company of popular brands such as Bernat, Caron, Patons, and Lily Sugar 'n Cream. You can also find free knit and crochet patterns on their website.
- Premier: An international manufacturer that produces a wide variety of luxury yarns, as well as the popular Deborah Norville Collection™ and Isaac Mizrahi® CRAFT™ yarns.
- Jimmy Beans Wool: Your online superstore not only for yarn, but also for crochet help via online chat, email, twitter, and more. They aim to be your "local craft store-- online"
- Darn Good Yarn: Made from recycled and Earth friendly materials, much of their yarn is created from the colorful remnants of the production of silk saris in Nepal and Northern India. Darn Good Yarn prides itself on providing you with fairly traded and child labor free yarns-- a great cause to support!
- Sullivans USA: Not just yarn! Sullivans offers items such as embroidery floss, thread, zippers, fabric, sewing patterns, and more.
- Lorna's Laces: A Chicago-based yarn company that specializes in hand-dyed yarns
- Brown Sheep Co: A family owned and operated yarn spinning mill, located in Mitchell, NE. Great high-quality and hand-spun yarn choices in a wide variety of colors, but is a bit more difficult to get your hands on since it's not sold in all local yarn stores.
- Ancient Arts: For those that are interested in more exotic yarns, this company is for you. They specialize in unusual fibre offerings, and are also known for their high-quality Ancient Arts Hand Dyed Yarns.
Don't see your favorite yarn company listed? Then tell us about it!
Leave a comment below with YOUR favorite yarn company!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Flower Athena
- Easy Crochet Wildflower Pattern
- Crochet Easter Egg Applique
- Onward And Upward Scrap Afghan
- Crocheted Graduation Leis
- Baby Bunny
- Squishable Bunny
- Apricot Rose Semi-circle Shawl
- Leither and Co Yarn Subscription Box
- Leither and Co
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet