19 Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Free amigurumi crochet patterns are the newest craze. If you're not sure what this is, then be sure you read on. These adorable patterns are so fun to make you'll want to continue making more and more of them. Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll.
Most free amigurumi crochet patterns you'll see are animals, but can also include artistic renderings, and inanimate objects endowed with anthropomorphic features. I've seen some really neat patterns such as food, ice cream cones, cupcakes, and other cute items. Amigurumi patterns can be crocheted out of yarn. The simplest designs are worked in spirals. Here you will find 19 free amigurumi crochet patterns you will love to make for yourself and others. You'll also love seeing the too-cute takes on pop culture icons!
Table of Contents
If you are planning on making one of these adorable crochet projects, make sure you use the right supplies! Using the wrong yarn for an amigurumi can ruin a project. Generally, we recommend using worsted weight yarn.Find out why in our yarn guide: Best Yarn for Amigurumi
My Favorite Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
The next time you're in between projects, consider crocheting your own zoo! These crochet amigurumi patterns are almost too cute for words and include an elephant, an owl family, and even a little pug. Keep these crochet patterns in mind the next time you need to make a gift at the last-minute, too. These crochet patterns are perfect for kids of all ages.
- Pudgy Little Bird Birds may fly south during the winter, but not this little guy. This cute pudgy bird will keep you company all year long
- Amigurumi Style Pug This type of dog is controversial, some people love it, some people not so much. I personally think they're really cute, but if you don't want the hassle of cleaning up after it or taking it for walks then use this free amigurumi crochet pattern to create your own crocheted pug.
- Banjo the Woodland Owl Whoooo do you know who loves owls? This adorable crochet pattern would be a great gift idea for anyone who's about to graduate from school.
- Lorelei the Ladybug Use free amigurumi crochet patterns to make this ladybug. It's an easy crochet pattern that you can give to your friends. Add him to your great collection of amigurumi friends. Again, makes a great friend for a child.
- The Love Bug These love bugs are adorable for all ages. They make for great gifts on Valentine's day or any day of the year. Your kids can play with the love bugs and have tea parties with them.
- Mr. Frog Let this little crochet Amigurumi frog leap into your pocket! It's impossible to resist his cheerful smile.
- Gracie the Tiny Elephant Girls of all ages are sure to fall in love with Gracie the Tiny Elephant. Her smile is simply contagious!
- Zachary Zebra Why visit the zoo when you have Zachary the Zebra at home?! Make one for your kids and they'll have a best friend for life.
- Owl Family This cute little family of owls is too cute! It's an intermediate crochet pattern to complete.
Unique Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
There's more to crochet amigurumi patterns than adorable animals! You can create a crochet item that looks like a cup of hot cocoa, a flower bug, and so many other cute items. Expand your crochet horizons by taking a look at these patterns.
- Amigurumi Acorn Crochet some amigurumi acorns using free amigurumi crochet patterns. These are perfect for the fall season to decorate your home with. The kids will love them and your friends will love them when they come over. The faces on these acorns are priceless.
- Hot Chocolate Amigurumi Warm up with a nice cup of hot chocolate after being out in the snow. While you drink your hot chocolate you can crochet a nice cup as well. This free pattern even comes with whipped cream on top. It can't get any sweeter than that.
- Snowflake Cookie Adorable and almost good enough to eat, these cute cookies will be an eye-catching decoration on your coffee table or kitchen countertop.
- Amigurumi Flower Bug Use this as a children's toy or keep it outside in your garden. This is also a great stash-buster yarn project because you need just a small amount of light green, dark green and gold.
- Huggable Christmas Tree It's never too early to start thinking about the upcoming holiday season! This crochet Christmas tree will be a whimsical addition to your holiday decorations.
Pop Culture Crochet Amigurumi Patterns
Show off your fandom and your crochet skills when you create pop culture crochet amigurumi! These creations look just like some of your favorite charaters from Star Wars, Sesame Street, and even Pokemon, and would make great gifts for anyone in your family who is a fan. Wouldn't these crochet amigurumi look cute on your desk at work, too?
- Cookie Critters Crunch, crunch, crunch! This adorable crochet pattern looks just like a certain adorable character from Sesame Street. You'll love how cute and easy it is to make this crochet pattern.
- Princess Leia-Inspired Amigurumi Is this the crochet pattern you've been looking for? Inspired by Princess Leia, this adorable crochet pattern is a must-have for anyone who's a fan of the iconic film series. You don't need to travel to Tatooine to find the crochet pattern, as it's right here!
- I Ain't Fraid-a No Ghost You can probably guess how this pattern looks! The perfect quick gift to make for anyone who's a fan of the film series, this crochet pattern can also be applied to a favorite bag or jacket.
- Free Crochet Groot Pattern You'll be amazed with how cute this crochet pattern looks! Inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, this crochet pattern can be displayed with pride on your bookcase or office desk at work.
- Playful Pikachu-Inspired Amigurumi If you've spent countless hours playing Pokemon, then this Pikachu-inspired crochet pattern needs to go on the top of your crochet project list!
Don't stop at making the crochet amigurumi listed above! You can add whimsy and fun to your holiday decorations all year-round when you take a look at this free collection page. With 40 holiday crochet amigurumi patterns, you're sure to find something you'll love. Grab your crochet hook and get started with these 40 Holiday Amigurumi Patterns: Christmas, Halloween, and More!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 26 Bernat Blanket Yarn Patterns That Are Too Cute to Miss
- 35 Variegated Yarn Crochet Patterns
- Snow Boarder Chunky Beanie
- Teddy Bear
- Great Lakes Slouch Hat
- Great Lakes Messy Bun Hat
- Chloe Olympic Snowboarding Hat
- Hair Flower No-Slip Clips
- Baby Boy Beanie
- Soft and Sweet Easter Hat
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet