We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"I don’t use Red Heart’s With Love very much, but I happened to have two skeins in my stash, and couldn’t help but fall in love with the soft, squishy feel. One of my favorite stitches for texture is the puff stitch, and I knew it would be a perfect pair with the With Love to create this soft, and squishy warm Snowcapped Cowl! As far as snowy scenes go, I think this set would look great with aqua, blue or gray as the main color, or any color combo really! Being worked with just one skein, and a little extra for the ribbing, this is a great cowl to make as a gift, and can be worked fairly quickly. It also will pull down over your shoulders for anyone size small and medium. You could easily increase the number of puff stitches in the cowl to create a wider piece if needed. I did not design this piece to cover the shoulders, but it’s an added perk."
NotesThis cowl was made to match my Snowcapped Beanie!
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge9 DC by 5 Rows = 3"
Finished SizeSized for average teen/woman – 14.5” Wide by 12.25” Tall.
- 460 Yards of Worsted Weight Yarn – I used Red Heart’s With Love, one full skein of Tan, and a small amount of White.
- K10.5/6.5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Optional, Stitch Marker
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Garland
- The Easiest Purple Poncho Wrap
- Sleepy Bunny Egg Cozy
- Twisted Messy Bun Hat
- Beginner Crochet Beanie
- Unique Marshmallow Messy Bun Hat
- St. Patrick's Day Dueling Lucky Clovers Hat
- Quick And Easy Reversible Crochet Slippers
- Four Seasons Blanket
- Petite Floral Dreamcatcher Boho Wall Hanging Decor
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet