This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Simple Crochet Cable Stitch
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"This is my take on a simple cable stitch and might not be quite what you’re used to but it makes the most beautiful texture for blankets so I went with it for the Lapsang Blanket. It’s a one row repeat so once you’ve got the hang of it you’ll be able to set up your favourite TV boxset and just go for it. Throughout the tutorial I will talk in standard UK crochet terms but will add the US version in brackets too."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextCrochet Pineapple Stitch Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
You'll feel cozy and safe every time you wear this Oversized Crochet Shawl. This large crochet shawl measures approximately 80 inches… Continue reading: "Oversized Crochet Shawlvideocam"
- Pineapple Stitch Crochet
- Filet Crochet Tutorial
- Fantail Shell Stitch
- How to Crochet Tunisian Basketweave Stitch
- Field Of Flowers Crochet Stitch
- Crochet Suzette Stitch Tutorial
- 30+ Crochet Border Patterns
- 28 Tunisian Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet A Circle In Single Crochet
- 20+ Basic Crochet Stitches
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Dotted Ripple Blanket
- Hanging Plant Basket: Easy Crochet Pattern
- Brambles Shawl
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Lamb Stitch Stripes Section
- Chip Off The Old Block Slouchy Hat
- Sabre Bag Crochet Pattern
- Baby Flip Flop Summer Sandals/baby Daisy Flowers Sandals Pattern
- Easy Chenille Baby Blanket
- Suzette Stitch Chenille Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters