This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Crochet Alpine Stitch Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"In this tutorial, I will show you how to crochet an Alpine Stitch. It is a fun and easy stitch to work that looks hard. It has raised stitches that are staggered that have the appearance of mini crochet cables. Once you’ve mastered it, you’ll be able to use it in all sorts of projects, homewares such as pillows and placements, baby blankets, shawls, cushion covers, and cowls. This stitch is perfect for creating a textured fabric with lots of character. The right side and wrong side both have a gorgeous look. The right side has a beautiful textured diamond shape pattern, and the wrong side has a flat defined pattern on the other side Best of all, it’s quite easy to learn as it is a repeat of four rows. There is a couple of rows of set up before you get started on the Alpine Stitch. "
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gaugedepends on the yarn used
Finished Sizedepends on the project you choose to make
- any yarn weight
- crochet hook for the yarn used
- tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters