Alternating Spike Stitch Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Learn how to crochet the Alternating Spike stitch, this stitch has a bit of a knitted look, a little like the Moss stitch, but the use of the spike single crochet creates beautiful and sturdy textured fabric. This stitch can be used in so many applications, it's perfect for potholders or hot pads, it will also be nice as a dishcloth and of course for bags! This post will teach you how to crochet this stitch with a step-by-step photo tutorial!"
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gaugegauge is not important in this tutorial.
Finished SizeNot relevant
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
"Dress up your kitchen with this pretty flower dishcloth. The dishcloth features petals worked in gentle cotton for nonabrasive… Continue reading: "Flower Scrubby Dishclothvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Pretty Kids Headband
- Baby Booties Worked Flat
- Octomato Amigurumi
- Crochet Mittens
- Men's Crochet Ribbed Bandana Scarf
- 6 Weeks Of Summer Shawl
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Crochet Eta Baby Blanket
- Sweet And Simple Crochet Handbag
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters