Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Cute summer outfits will be a breeze to put together with this crochet summer colorblock top crocheted with Patons Grace yarn. This tutorial will teach you how to make a shirt that is in trend for the warm weather months. Colorblocking packs great punches of color while still having visual interest with the sharp contrast of colors. The soft pastel blue and green colors are perfect summer colors, and the material is airy and lightweight enough that you can wear it while you enjoy the warm weather outside.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge18 dc and 10 rows = 4 [10 cm]
- Patons® Grace (1.75 oz/50 g; 136 yds/125 m)
- XS/S 4 balls Contrast A Ginger (62027); 4 balls Contrast B Aquifer (62205)
- M 4 balls Contrast A Ginger (62027); 4 balls Contrast B Aquifer (62205)
- L 5 balls Contrast A Ginger (62027); 5 balls Contrast B Aquifer (62205)
- XL 5 balls Contrast A Ginger (62027); 5 balls Contrast B Aquifer (62205)
- 2/3XL 6 balls Contrast A Ginger (62027); 6 balls Contrast B Aquifer (62205)
- 4/5XL 6 balls Contrast A Ginger (62027); 6 balls Contrast B Aquifer (62205)
To fit bust measurement:
Extra-Small/Small 28-34” [71-86.5 cm]
Medium 36-38” [91.5-96.5 cm]
Large 40-42” [101.5-106.5 cm]
Extra-Large 44-46” [112-117 cm]
2/3 X-Large 48-54” [122-137 cm]
4/5 X-Large 56-62” [142-157.5 cm]
Extra-Small/Small 36” [91.5 cm]
Medium 40” [101.5 cm]
Large 44” [112 cm]
Extra-Large 48” [122 cm]
2/3 X-Large 56” [142 cm]
4/5 X-Large 64” [162.5 cm]
Dc2tog=(Yoh and draw up a loop in next stitch. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook.
Sl st=Slip stitch
Yoh=Yarn over hook
**With A, chain (ch) 84 (92-102-110-128-146).
1st row: Right side (RS). 1 double crochet (dc) in 4th ch from hook. 1 dc in each ch to end of chain. Turn. 82 (90-100-108-126-144) dc.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each dc to end of row. Turn. Repeat (rep) last row until work from beginning (beg) measures approximately (approx) 13 (13½-14-14-14½-15)" [33 (34.5-35.5-35.5-37-38) cm], ending on a wrong side (WS) row. Fasten off.
1st row: With B, ch 9. Working across last row of Back with RS facing, 1 dc in each dc to end of row. Ch 11. Turn.
2nd row: 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (skipped ch-3 counts as dc). 1 dc in each ch and dc to end of row. 100 (108-118-126-144-162) dc. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each dc to end of row. Turn.** Rep last row until work from beg measures 23 (24-25-25-26-27)" [58.5 (61-63.5-63.5-66-68.5) cm] from beg. Fasten off.
Work from ** to ** as given for Back. Rep last row until work from beg measures approx 21 (22-23-23-24-25)" [53.5 (56-58.5-58.5-61-63.5) cm], ending on a WS row.
1st row: (RS). Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each of next 33 (37-39-43-51-59) dc. [Yarn over hook (yoh) and draw up a loop in next stitch. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook- Double crochet 2 together (Dc2tog) made. Turn. Leave remaining stitches (sts) unworked.
2nd row: Ch 3. 1 dc in next dc (counts as dc2tog). 1 dc in each dc to end of row. Turn. Rep 1st and 2nd row once more, then 1st row once. 30 (34-36-40-58-56) dc. Fasten off.
With RS facing, skip next 28 (28-34-34-36-38) sts. Join B with slip stitch (sl st) to next dc.
1st row: (RS). Ch 3. 1 dc in next dc (counts as dc2tog). 1 dc in each dc to end of row. Turn. 34 (38-40-44-52-60) dc.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each dc to last 2 sts. Dc2tog. Turn. Rep last 2 rows once more, then 1st row once. 30 (34-36-40-58-56) dc. Fasten off.
Sew shoulder and side seams.
With RS facing, join B with sl st to left shoulder seam at neck edge. Ch 1. Work single crochet (sc) evenly around neck edge. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
There is nothing better than the feeling of finishing a crocheted afghan. Now everyone (including beginners!) can experience that same… Continue reading: "Beginner Squares Afghanvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Crochet Potholder
- Granny Square Dishcloth
- Tapestry Basket Wave
- Tapestry Crochet Zipper Pouch Butterfly
- Easy Crochet Coaster Floret
- Tapestry Crochet Zipper Pouch Moon
- Crochet Phone Case Olivia
- Tapestry Crochet Zipper Pouch Athena
- Drawstring Bag With A Cat
- Paw Print Pouch
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters