Big Sky Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Life is often hard, and even the clearest skies have clouds sometimes. And as crocheters, we can make it better. One way is by making prayer or comfort shawls for those who need an extra hug, and to feel our love. The Big Sky Shawl was designed with this idea in mind - while maintaining a sense of style. The Big Sky Shawl is made with Lion Brand Homespun, a favorite yarn for those crafting for others. It’s warm, soft, and the yarn creates the texture - which means simple stitches shine. And the Big Sky Shawl does indeed use simple stitches, so almost anyone can make this easy crochet prayer shawl pattern! The colors I used for the Big Sky Shawl are Montana Sky and Clouds - appropriate, no? Streaks of gray cut through the blue sky, but there is more blue than gray, to remind us of the bright times to come. The shaping creates a triangular shawl that’s more V shaped than anything, with corners that wrap easily around the shoulders to stay in place. And it doesn’t just help the person you give it to - it helps you too! Studies have shown time and again how crocheting improves our mental health, making this an excellent way to help others while you help yourself. You can wear the Big Sky shawl across the shoulders as a standard shawl, or wrapped around the neck with the point in front - either way, the optional tassels on the points help keep it where you put it. It’s only 20 rows long (plus a couple rounds for the border), so you can whip one up in a just a few evenings."
Crochet HookQ or 16mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge5 stitches and 3 rows = 4 inches
Finished Size65" wide x 32" deep x 54" along sides
- P/Q 15mm hook
- 350 yds Lion Brand Homespun
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Organizing and decorating has never been as easy as it is now. These Mega Bulky Crochet Baskets are not only considered beginner… Continue reading: "Mega Bulky Crochet Basketsvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How To Make A Stuffed Crochet Pumpkin
- Mirabilis Puff Stitch Beanie
- Free Reversible Halloween Ghost Toy Crochet Pattern (no Sewing)
- Aqueduct Puff Stitch Mittens
- Chunky Stripe Cowl
- Cloudy Day Cowl
- How To Crochet Round Circles For Beginners
- C2c Llama
- Strut Your Puff Crochet Cowl
- Brave At Heart Crochet Scarf
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters